GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Albert!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 31/10/03 at 00:18
Regular
"(-[REL0@D]-)"
Hay Albert The Large get your but back here we know your faking it!
Sat 01/11/03 at 15:52
Regular
Jesus this thread's pathetic. I really hope Special Reserve do the right thing and delete it.
Sat 01/11/03 at 15:50
Regular
"gsybe you!"
EL ® ö B ì Ñ wrote:
> VenomByte wrote:
>
> You kids are the future of this country. And you wonder why it's
> going downhill.
>
> No i don't wonder i know.

Haha.

You of all people should.

Look, I'm sorry if Albert has died, its not nice for anyone close obviosuly, but one cannot actually take it entirely at face value. Due to these 'callous people' of the internet etc, people do fake these things, for no apparent reason, other than to cause a reaction. I'm not being disrespectful towards his relatives and friends, because I'm not an idiot. The interet has real people in it, but that does not mean it is the same as real life in any way. If somebody told me someone had died that they knew in reality, I would be sad for them, because it would be so much more believable. As it is, I am very sorry if he has died, truly, but it is an internet forum. People are weird on the net. Not neccessarily Alberts friend, but their idiotic natures mean that trust is one thing that simply does not exist between people online.

Sorry, but thats the way I feel.
Sat 01/11/03 at 15:37
Regular
"M4ke Luv"
(-[EEP]-) wrote:
> Hay Albert The Large get your but back here we know your faking it!

What's he faking??
Sat 01/11/03 at 15:04
VenomByte wrote:

> You kids are the future of this country. And you wonder why it's
> going downhill.

No i don't wonder i know.
Sat 01/11/03 at 14:50
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I cannot believe the level of callowness being displayed by so many people on this forum.

When you're told someone has died, you do not go around spouting your disbelief. You show some respect. You don't insist on proof, or voice your disbeliefs. That goes as much for real life as it does on the internet. You may think that the internet is populated solely by ignorant teens with nothing better to do than try to put one over each other, but it's not. These forums are a meeting place for hundreds of real people from all walks of life. This isn't some mystical place which is totally severed from reality.

If you didn't know Albert or don't believe he's gone, then fine. Just don't insist on saying so, and don't continue to fire questions at Torax. For the love of God, don't spout off your ignorance in this thread just for the sake of saying something. Even if you were correct, nobody will think any more of you for it. And no-one will think any less of those who did choose to believe, should they ever be proved wrong.

In short, I seriously cannot believe that anyone with at least a modicum of either maturity or intelligence would act in the way so many have done with regards to Albert's passing away.

I myself did know Albert on these forums, and I do genuinely believe he's gone. I'm grateful to Torax for letting us know, and I'm sorry to see the response he's been given over the last couple of weeks.

You kids are the future of this country. And you wonder why it's going downhill.
Sat 01/11/03 at 14:15
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
But Albert was gone for months on end before and no-one ever said "Where'd Albert The Large go?"
Sat 01/11/03 at 13:50
But they are not members of are forum are they?
People on the forum didn't like talking talking to them like they did Albert.

He just thought he would mention in, rather then Albert just never posting again and all of us wondering where the hell he is.
Sat 01/11/03 at 12:59
Regular
If someone died in my family, I'd keep it to myself, it's just plain stupid to announce it on the forums, what is the need for it? You'd get comments that are irrelavent and stupid. Personal business should be kept personal.

In my opinion I have reason to believe that this whole 'Albert' thing is a pure hoax, used to get a reaction out of users on the forum, its happened on another forum that i've used before.

But meh, If he is dead, respects.
Sat 01/11/03 at 01:01
Regular
"es argh"
*Eastenders Theme Tune*
Sat 01/11/03 at 00:44
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I can honestly say that;

- Who the hell was Albert The Large?
- " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " in real life?
- Proof?
- Did anyone know him?
- Stop preaching El Robin, you mong.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.