GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Fantastic Tortoise Updates! But not much."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/10/03 at 08:25
Regular
http://www.thefantastictortoise.com

Terrence is now in charge of web design and content. There's an awful lot on the way, trust me, including details on two more projects.

Eventually it's going to be full of stuff, packed to the brim, should be exciting, probably won't be.

All the same, do have a peeky, there should be updates quite often now, finally got the t-shirts all done and finished, more info on the site, you should be able to order them soon.

And there we go.
Wed 29/10/03 at 08:25
Regular
http://www.thefantastictortoise.com

Terrence is now in charge of web design and content. There's an awful lot on the way, trust me, including details on two more projects.

Eventually it's going to be full of stuff, packed to the brim, should be exciting, probably won't be.

All the same, do have a peeky, there should be updates quite often now, finally got the t-shirts all done and finished, more info on the site, you should be able to order them soon.

And there we go.
Wed 29/10/03 at 08:38
Regular
If you want something to help you add news easily, go to cutephp.com

I use it on my site, and it was suggested by the lads in the tech forum, it's really easy to install and use, and it's free! Your server has to have support for PHP though. If you're with FreeOLA then they do, so that's ok :-)
Wed 29/10/03 at 08:53
Regular
I was thinking more along the lines of an actual news entry page on the website somewhere, that I could write into when I'm out and about. Difficult I guess, but it can be done. It'd save me an' Terrence a lot of hassle, especially if the user could be changed who was uploading the news.
Wed 29/10/03 at 08:55
Regular

You'll have to excuse me, I've been awake for just about 24 hours now. :D

Thanks!
Wed 29/10/03 at 08:58
Regular
Lol, don't worry about it.

Hope you get it sorted ok, it really only takes a couple of minutes, but if you've got any problems let me know.

I'll be about for another 10 mins or so...
Wed 29/10/03 at 09:01
Regular
Seems fine apart from the CHMOD thing... I have no idea at all what that's about.
Wed 29/10/03 at 09:04
Regular
Ohhh yes I do, it's ok, don't worry. :)
Wed 29/10/03 at 09:06
Regular
It's pretty easy.

Do you use an FTP client or IE to upload your files? Either way, once the files have been uploaded, simply right click and there should be an option to CHMOD (in IE you may have to right click, then go to Properties first), after that it's just plain sailing :-)
Wed 29/10/03 at 09:08
Regular
Ah!

Nice one :-)
Wed 29/10/03 at 09:36
Regular
Ah, excellent!

This is superb, thanks for this. :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.