GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Conscience of a Hacker"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/10/03 at 17:32
Regular
...Ode to a hacker....
Interesting, at that.
Thu 30/10/03 at 23:43
Regular
"Here to help"
pop
Thu 30/10/03 at 19:34
Regular
Seems like I am going to have to clear this up.

No, I am not a hacker, I'm not that good on PC's to even know the first thing about hacking. Damn I couldnt even remember my "secret password" for my hotmail account.

This was written as a story, from a first person perspective. Thats all. I'm not going to hack into the mainframe with the giga-do-ram and delete the microprocessor-majiggy.

I guess hacking is a sensertive subject when it comes to an online community like this so sorry SR, I meant no harm by it.
Thu 30/10/03 at 19:24
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I don't think SR take too kindly to anything hacker-related. Especially something that tries to justify it.
Thu 30/10/03 at 19:07
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Oh, i didnt think there was anything that bad in the initial post.
Thu 30/10/03 at 19:05
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Whatever happened to free speech?
Thu 30/10/03 at 18:38
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Heh. Deleted.
Thu 30/10/03 at 18:25
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Yup - I'll also note that anyone who I’ve ever know whose been into the "scene" did it more to be annoying and cause a fuss rather than some romantic search for an intellectual challenge.

Look at the leagues of shareware produced by talented coders. There’s some quality stuff out there that was created by guys who just wanted to mess about with their PCs and see what they could do. It doesn’t cost legitimate users worldwide billions of pounds a year to recover from or prevent.
Thu 30/10/03 at 16:05
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
I fail to see the difference between hacking and picking locks.

I've been in the 'hacker's crowd', world of the ubergeek, seen the links with the piracy rings et al. Hackers seem to believe that as long as they don't get caught, they've done nothing wrong.

Of course, they are greatly mistaken.
Thu 30/10/03 at 15:56
Regular
So it would seem.
Thu 30/10/03 at 15:54
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
The rest of you being all the pretentious ar$eholes?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.