GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"1.9Mb throughput - again"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/07/09 at 17:13
Regular
I note that Columbo is at 92%.

Is there any other issue right now, as I'm downloading and my throughput is not even hitting 2Mbps (for a line less that 500 metres *cable* - not straight line - length from the exchange).

I have just reset the router to see if that was causing the problem, but I'm still running at 1.9Mbps.

This also happened yesterday. I'm currently highly unimpressed with having to pay full whack for this speed.

Neil
Thu 02/07/09 at 17:13
Regular
I note that Columbo is at 92%.

Is there any other issue right now, as I'm downloading and my throughput is not even hitting 2Mbps (for a line less that 500 metres *cable* - not straight line - length from the exchange).

I have just reset the router to see if that was causing the problem, but I'm still running at 1.9Mbps.

This also happened yesterday. I'm currently highly unimpressed with having to pay full whack for this speed.

Neil
Thu 02/07/09 at 17:47
"Are you sure?"
Neilj99 wrote:
> Is there any other issue right now...

I think you'll find that Wimbledon is having a big impact on capacity (as it does each year)! LOTS of people are streaming the games online...

Using the info I've provided before see if the ALT is restricting your connection in an attempt to make the best out of things.
If it is then resetting your router obviously wont help!

If the ALT isn't active on your node then it could be 'lots' of other things, let us know... But at 92% it should be :¬P

Broadband help!

Search Freeola Chat
Thu 02/07/09 at 17:49
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I believe you have had these issues before that have been answered. Have you checked your old posts and tickets and gone back through all the advice? It's likely it is the same occurence.

Please bare in mind that while we continue to monitor the forums as much as possible any answer we give on here is not a priority. If you are having problems you should submit a ticket or call.

EDIT: Just noticed Hmmm...'s post and yeah, that was what I was trying to get at.
Thu 02/07/09 at 18:07
Regular
@Hmmm...

Good point :)

At time of posting ALT was 'active and stable'

My throughput has now 'normalised'

N.
Sat 04/07/09 at 23:09
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
And we are so glad.....:-)
Thu 16/07/09 at 13:32
Regular
So what is the world and his wife streaming today at 1:30pm since at least midday, to give me 1.1Mbps?!

I would expect ALT to kick me back to maybe 4 or 5 Mbps but this is fast becoming unacceptable and a regular occurrance - *since* Wimbledon.

ALT is active and stable.

N.
Thu 16/07/09 at 13:50
"Are you sure?"
I'd have to agree with you on that!

I'm on the Faraday IPSC node and the ALT seems to be on more than off lately.

Hopefully some more capacity is on the way?

Search Freeola Chat
Thu 16/07/09 at 16:22
Regular
BT Speedtester results at 16:21:

Your DSL connection rate: 13432 kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 1132 kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP profile for your line is - 10000 kbps
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 910 kbps

*Not* impressed.

I would like an official explanation please.

...and its not my kit.

N.
Thu 16/07/09 at 16:33
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Neilj99 wrote:
> BT Speedtester results at 16:21:
>
> Your DSL connection rate: 13432 kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 1132
> kbps(UP-STREAM)
> IP profile for your line is - 10000 kbps
> Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 910
> kbps
>
> *Not* impressed.
>
> I would like an official explanation please.
>
> ...and its not my kit.
>
> N.

We don't have time to constantly monitor these forums. This is why we spcifically mention not to bring up official faults on here and have various methods of contacting our support officially.

Follow one of these methods if you wish an official response, and it should be responded to as soon as possible.
Thu 16/07/09 at 17:14
"Are you sure?"
Hi Warhunt - don't forget that the idea of Freeola's Services forum is to keep others up to speed with things as well - sometimes it's good to keep things 'in the open' as one thread/post can help lots of others and save support having to repeat things!

Neilj99's post didn't look like a "quick help me now" type post to me.

I'm also being affected by the ALT being active during the day more often lately and reducing speeds; so I would also be interested in Freeola's response as I'm sure others will.

Obviously if you need account/line details then it wouldn't be appropriate to post them in the forum.

Warhunt wrote:
> We don't have time to constantly monitor these forums. This is
> why we spcifically mention not to bring up official faults...

??? You picked up Neilj99's post pretty quickly!
Obviously if customers do post here rather than contact you directly they should appreciate it's not always guaranteed to get the fastest reply, but that's their choice.

Search Freeola Chat

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.