GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The new club mag"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/10/03 at 18:42
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Looking good guys, i love the BB guns, especially the Uzi. I was wondering how fast they fire though, you need a good piece to defend yourself here in the hood. The extra GAD has me thinking too.

I fancy the gentlemans personal trimmer/shaver kit, it will probably cut me to ribbons, but what the hey, you only live once.
Sat 25/10/03 at 19:56
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Four things which would make me buy from here;

Sort out the reddies system to make it fairer - it seems a little ridiculous that someone can buy a 9.99 Psone game and get a reddy, yet someone else can buy a console, graphics card, £40 game, or whatever, and still get one reddie. Other loyalty systems work on the value of the items and give vouchers to spend - which ultimately I'd rather save money on stuff I'd buy anyway than get a free thing I wouldn't buy.

Cheaper prices - admittedly SR is probably being caught in the ensuing price war crossfire between 3 major online retailers who shall go un-named here, but ultimately I'm not a rich person so I have to buy where the best price is.

Preorders - Stop charging for them the moment they are ordered because it's a stupid system that no one else does.

Dispatch - speed up on in stock items, another site will dispatch same day in stock items provided you order and pay by 2PM, which more often than not means you get the game or console the next day - for people like me who often shop on impulse or just decide they want something that is a big incentive to order an item.

Plus ditch the BB guns, they seem contradictory to SR's history as a kind of family type store/site and a hell of a lot of kids will see them in the magazine you sent out, which probably isn't going to go down well with some parents. At a time when gun crime is a hot topic and will remain so it seems insane to sell them when you don't have to and never have before. This obviously doesn't affect whether I'd actually order or not, but it does impact on the company image of SR and not everyone might like that image. On the other hand you'll rake it in from kids who use their parents credit cards, especially once you get the credit card storage system online...
Sat 25/10/03 at 19:55
Regular
"um..."
Is it out? I havent got it yet!
Sat 25/10/03 at 19:43
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
All you need to do is wait till you win GAD, then ring up to renew it (or do it online, whatever you do), then claim the full GAD. Like paying £7.50 for the game, in effect.
Sat 25/10/03 at 19:41
Regular
Nope, just an outdated top 50 posters. My membership is stil valid but it's aggggggggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssss since I bought anything (for obvious reasons). I might reknew when it runs out just for GAD, or maybe not.
Sat 25/10/03 at 19:37
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
My membership ran out a while ago, does it have those sample posts/interesting (and made up) facts of the top ten posters in it?
Sat 25/10/03 at 18:53
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Emma1973 wrote:
> Where can I get this 'club mag' and what does it have in it?
>
> Special Reserve are probably selling guns because it earns them
> money, that's what a business has to do!

You have to become a club member, its costs £7.50 for a year, but you also get to choose a free gift from a wide selection, and it also entitles you to win gameaday straight away.
Sat 25/10/03 at 18:52
You can get the mag by joining up as a member, ordering a product online or popping down to one of the SR stores (I think).
Sat 25/10/03 at 18:51
Belldandy wrote:
> I don't see why SR feel the need to sell BB guns in the first place,
> not many companies really want to be associated with that kind of
> product anymore.

It's a great stress reliever I suppose. I can line up my cans and shoot them from the other side of the room, for example.

Or just go mad on an inflatable teddy bear. Something like that.
Sat 25/10/03 at 18:49
Regular
"u know me"
Where can I get this 'club mag' and what does it have in it?

Special Reserve are probably selling guns because it earns them money, that's what a business has to do!
Sat 25/10/03 at 18:46
Regular
I don't see why SR feel the need to sell BB guns in the first place, not many companies really want to be associated with that kind of product anymore.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.