GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How long will it take before..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/10/03 at 17:26
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I have decided to begin this thread so that we can all predict the future in our own little way. Basically we will all pick a topic/subject etc and predict how long it will take to happen and why/how it will come about. I'll get the ball rolling -

How long will it take before we achieve world peace?

We will only achieve World Peace when the people of the world truly learn from their mistakes and evolve to the point that we as a race can learn to understand and tolerate other cultures without forgetting the traditions and backgrounds of the many people of this earth.

This will most likely not happen in my lifetime however man has come along way in the past 1000 years. Maybe we'll all find a way to live peacefully together in another 1000 years.
Sat 25/10/03 at 18:09
Heh, I don't think that's what Cubist meant by individual topics.
Sat 25/10/03 at 18:10
*subjects
Sat 25/10/03 at 18:12
This is fun.

What is the most convenient, healthy and nutritious snack?
Sat 25/10/03 at 18:15
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Heh this really is interesting. I never knew you liked Star Trek Icarus? Although the idea of having one collective mind is intriguing (sp?).
Sat 25/10/03 at 18:16
Regular
"Not a Jew"
If someone came into my home, I would pulverize them. They have no right, they are intruding, they have the intent to steal, and how do I know they won't harm me? They would be a bloody pulp when I had finished with them. Barbaric some may think, but they asked for it. Sure, violence is wrong, but so is theft.
Sat 25/10/03 at 18:18
Regular
How long is it before we have AI intelligent pilots?

I mean like instead of sending human piloted jets into war - how long is it before we get AI powered ones which go in - do the job - fly out? The technology could be expanded onto commercial flights or even emergancy services.

I don't think it's that long a way until a our world becomes AI based. In my opinion i'm not sure if i'd like it or not. We'll have to wait and see...
Sat 25/10/03 at 18:19
Regular
"Not a Jew"
gamezfreak wrote:
> How long is it before we have AI intelligent pilots?
>
> I mean like instead of sending human piloted jets into war - how long
> is it before we get AI powered ones which go in - do the job - fly
> out? The technology could be expanded onto commercial flights or even
> emergancy services.
>
> I don't think it's that long a way until a our world becomes AI
> based. In my opinion i'm not sure if i'd like it or not. We'll have
> to wait and see...

Then Notorious Biggles will be out of a job...
Sat 25/10/03 at 18:19
Star Trek? Oh, you mean the Borg and stuff? Well fundamentally it seems like a good idea to "speed up" human evolution as we know it. And I don't see why we have to turn into white faced cyborgs in the process.

Look at it this way - a central hub with several subsets of smaller hubs (think village, town, city, county, country, etc), where the best solutions will be fowarded until reaching the central one.

On second thoughts, we may have to alter our anatomy a bit so we can accomodate some some networking equipment.
Sat 25/10/03 at 18:21
gamezfreak wrote:
> How long is it before we have AI intelligent pilots?
>
Pretty soon I'd think. Some company in the news recently (cannae remember though) has created a helicopter that could fly on its own, avoiding obstacles while en route to its destination.
Sat 25/10/03 at 18:22
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Icarus wrote:
> Star Trek? Oh, you mean the Borg and stuff? Well fundamentally it
> seems like a good idea to "speed up" human evolution as we
> know it. And I don't see why we have to turn into white faced cyborgs
> in the process.
>
> Look at it this way - a central hub with several subsets of smaller
> hubs (think village, town, city, county, country, etc), where the
> best solutions will be fowarded until reaching the central one.
>
> On second thoughts, we may have to alter our anatomy a bit so we can
> accomodate some some networking equipment.

But would that not rob people of their identity, their uniqueness in a way?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.