GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How long will it take before..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/10/03 at 17:26
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I have decided to begin this thread so that we can all predict the future in our own little way. Basically we will all pick a topic/subject etc and predict how long it will take to happen and why/how it will come about. I'll get the ball rolling -

How long will it take before we achieve world peace?

We will only achieve World Peace when the people of the world truly learn from their mistakes and evolve to the point that we as a race can learn to understand and tolerate other cultures without forgetting the traditions and backgrounds of the many people of this earth.

This will most likely not happen in my lifetime however man has come along way in the past 1000 years. Maybe we'll all find a way to live peacefully together in another 1000 years.
Sat 25/10/03 at 17:26
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I have decided to begin this thread so that we can all predict the future in our own little way. Basically we will all pick a topic/subject etc and predict how long it will take to happen and why/how it will come about. I'll get the ball rolling -

How long will it take before we achieve world peace?

We will only achieve World Peace when the people of the world truly learn from their mistakes and evolve to the point that we as a race can learn to understand and tolerate other cultures without forgetting the traditions and backgrounds of the many people of this earth.

This will most likely not happen in my lifetime however man has come along way in the past 1000 years. Maybe we'll all find a way to live peacefully together in another 1000 years.
Sat 25/10/03 at 17:29
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I don't think there will ever be world peace, pessimist as I am, but if there is it will be in thousands of years.
Sat 25/10/03 at 17:32
Regular
World peace will only come when we are all dead/the world ends.
Sat 25/10/03 at 17:43
Regular
I don't approve of the subject you have chosen. It's too wide to discuss.
Sat 25/10/03 at 17:48
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
World peace will never happen. It's not in our nature to get on with everyone. The human mind is too complex to make world peace achievable. For that to happen everyone would have to be sane for a start. We would all have to have the capacity to forgive and forget, and we would all have to be capable of compassion and selflessness.
Sat 25/10/03 at 17:53
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Well I don't think I made myself clear enough heh. The whole point is for everyone to choose individual subjects and voice their opinions. NOT to debate each individual opinion. It's a way of really understanding how people think and really lets you find out if people just like to talk about intelligent things but really don't have a clue. Come on, think of other topics and get cracking :D
Sat 25/10/03 at 17:59
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Okay, how long will it take for Cubist to have a sex changing operation?
Nah, only joknig Cubist, we know you've had one already. :P

Okay, how long will it be before other life forms are discovered in the Universe, no matter how insignificant? eg. even worms, as long as it is a life form. I don't think it will be too long, perhaps 10 years.
Sat 25/10/03 at 18:00
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
RoJ wrote:
> Okay, how long will it take for Cubist to have a sex changing
> operation?
> Nah, only joknig Cubist, we know you've had one already. :P

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Bet-tay.

venom ;)
Sat 25/10/03 at 18:03
We can achieve world peace when all our minds are linked into one (I'm not joking here), and instead of arguing with each other, find the most rational, efficient or best possible solution to a problem.

The reason I say linked into one is because at this present moment, even in our own little towns, villages, etc. msost of us can't get along with each other, and if we can, it's not all the time.

On a more global scale, there would be no countries, or to be exact no nationalities, as this would get rid of the "pride in your country" behaviour. Additionally, as individuals and no matter how "non racist" you are, it's still in your head. Of course, you can talk to people of other ethnic origins casually and normally, but the overarching factor is that it's still in your head that you are talking to one or a group. Hence the "linkage of minds" to eradicate this problem - there would be no need to think of races anymore because mentally there won't be any.

While thinking individually is an excellent thing for humans and other living creatures, it's also why we cannot instinctively share resources, or let the situation be solved in the most efficient way without hesitation.

Of course, actually implementing this "system" is virutally impossible, so it looks like for the forseeable future and beyond we'll be arguing, making war and getting into fights whatever the reason.
Sat 25/10/03 at 18:08
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Alrighty then, I don't see the fun in having no debate but howandever...

My topic: Should people be immune from prosecution when they have injured/killed an intruder in their home?

I've never been too sure about this one. I can understand the natural instinct to defend oneself when faced with an intruder, but I'm not really sure how I feel about someone being immune from prosecution if they have killed the intruder. I generally feel that violence should not be condoned in any circumstance, so that said, I should be against the idea of being able to use force against intruders, but my heart and mind are saying two different things on this subject. I have been faced with the intruder situation before and my Dad knocked the crap out of the burglar, but something just didn't feel right about it. I felt it was unnecessary as my Dad was far stronger than the burglar and could easily have held onto him 'til the police arrived, but my parents didn't see it that way. It was their view that he was in our space and should be let know what would happen if he tried it again.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.