GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Height of Stupidity..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/10/03 at 12:54
Regular
"..."
...WWE has finally taken the cake for stupid ideas and has BANNED wrestlers from whipping their opponents into the guard rail. Apparently this is as a precaution to the fans rather than the wrestlers themselves...either way, it's plain stupid.
Sat 25/10/03 at 12:54
Regular
"..."
...WWE has finally taken the cake for stupid ideas and has BANNED wrestlers from whipping their opponents into the guard rail. Apparently this is as a precaution to the fans rather than the wrestlers themselves...either way, it's plain stupid.
Sat 25/10/03 at 13:03
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Hahah. Mongs.
Sat 25/10/03 at 15:02
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I've given up on trying to understand the stupidity of the WWE. So, does that eliminate guard rail moves like RVD does?
Sat 25/10/03 at 15:53
Regular
"..."
Grandprix wrote:
> I've given up on trying to understand the stupidity of the WWE. So,
> does that eliminate guard rail moves like RVD does?

More than likely...and probably Jeff Hardy's rail run, if he ever came back.
Sat 25/10/03 at 17:19
Regular
"bWo > You"
That is it, I've had it with the WWE.

They've banned the Tombstone.
They've banned the Vertebreaker.
They've banned Overhead Belly-to-Belly suplexes.
They've banned whipping wrestlers into the guard rail.

They've banned a whole lot of other things I don't know about.

And then they have the nerve to wonder why people are switching off?

The McMahons put themselves in the main events, hyping themselves as the main reason for people watching - I never thought any business could be as arrogant as that. Say what you like about Vince saving wrestling, that counts for nothing now, he's burying it all over again. I don't watch it anymore, because there is just no point for someone like me, who's more interested in the wrestling than how many women Vince can look as though he's screwing or how many times the McMahons can be the stars of the PPVs.

It seems to me as though McMahon is far too interested in the money side of the business, and is neglecting the wrestling, as shown by the banning of the above moves. Of course finance is important, but when you have as much money as the McMahons at your disposal, there is absolutely no excuse for putting out such a dire, dire product. They're too wrapped up in keeping wrestlers at 100%, but wrestlers never wrestle at 100%, for obvious reasons. I understand there's got to be an element of safety for the wrestlers, because I don't want to see wrestlers break their bodies just for my 'entertainment' - I don't don't find blood etc. particularly entertaining on its own. But we can't be left in a situation whereby the wrestling comes second to money.

I know there are some out there who prefer a storyline to the wrestling, but I don't want to see Kane and Shane trying to kill one another in cartoon fashion, I want to see Kurt Angle and Eddie Guerrero wrestle their hearts out, or RVD and Rhyno putting on a powerful ECW-style spot-fest, held together with a good in-ring psychology. I'm fed up, I'm sick, and yes, I'm damn tired of putting up with the rubbish WWE feel they can get away with putting out each week.

They've lost a fan, but knowing the egotistic excuses for wrestling promoters that are the McMahons, I doubt they'd care.
Sat 25/10/03 at 17:49
Regular
WOW! Never knew they banned all those moves, their being stupid.

The tombstone? Why did Kane do it to Shane?
Sat 25/10/03 at 17:53
Regular
"bWo > You"
Lipe wrote:
> WOW! Never knew they banned all those moves, their being stupid.
>
> The tombstone? Why did Kane do it to Shane?

I think that's on a strict basis, whereby it's used only in special circumstances where it's based as being essential to the storyline (Undertaker tombstoning Rock onto a car for huge effect a while ago, Kane tombstoning Linda etc etc etc).

It's used as a injury-inducing move, like someone goinhg out deliberately to break a guy's fingers (Raven on AJ Styles in TNA a while back)
Sat 25/10/03 at 17:56
Regular
"One More Chance"
Well that's a quarter of RVD's manoeuvres out of the window.
Sat 25/10/03 at 18:02
Regular
"bWo > You"
Jetster wrote:
> Well that's a quarter of RVD's manoeuvres out of the window.

Don't forget the main, ultimate finisher of his, the Van Terminator, kindly nicked by the boss' son.
Sat 25/10/03 at 18:22
Regular
"One More Chance"
Ah yes, WrestleMainia. But with the more crap trash can.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.