GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Height of Stupidity..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/10/03 at 12:54
Regular
"..."
...WWE has finally taken the cake for stupid ideas and has BANNED wrestlers from whipping their opponents into the guard rail. Apparently this is as a precaution to the fans rather than the wrestlers themselves...either way, it's plain stupid.
Thu 30/10/03 at 20:07
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Heh. :D Yeah, I suppose you're right... :)
Thu 30/10/03 at 10:55
Regular
"..."
Jae wrote:
> †hë_Çøñg_Mðñ wrote:
> a leg drop will be an acceptable finisher
>
> It already is if you include Hulk Hogans...

That's the point...no one takes it seriously as a finisher.
Wed 29/10/03 at 19:54
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Lipe wrote:
> What about stone cold stunner and the mcmahon stunner, their
> practically the same.

that's the point, the story was that vince would beat austin with his own move.

i don't think they've banned the tombstone, but the emphasis is shifting away from big bumps because they've had too many people out injured or needing surgery, and if you're paying someone while they're not working then that's bad for business. Plus, if a worker picks up a serious injury (for example, stone colds neck and back) then it limits their in-ring abilities (no more backdrops, piledrivers or real high impact moves), which is why stone cold was a 5 move wonder when he came back (punch, kick, whoopass press, flip the bird and stunner :) )
Tue 28/10/03 at 20:11
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
†hë_Çøñg_Mðñ wrote:
> a leg drop will be an acceptable finisher

It already is if you include Hulk Hogans...
Tue 28/10/03 at 12:00
Regular
"..."
Oh yeah...they also banned the overhead belly-to-belly suplex because of the risk to wrestlers necks.

One day WWE wrestlers will only be able to punch each other and then Austin, HHH and Rock will look like the best wrestlers in the world, a leg drop will be an acceptable finisher and a chop will be the only move canadians use.
Mon 27/10/03 at 00:51
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Precaution to the fans? I bet some moron has got himself in the way of a flailing arm of a wrestler or something and tried to sue WWE because of it hence the move being banned.
Did you ever hear ECW fans moaning because a wrestler accidentally bumped into them? Hell they'd be too busy chanting E-C-DUBYA with some broken teeth laying on the floor with RVD laying on top of them to care. But then again ECW p's on WWE from a very, very great height on SO many levels. *Sniff* bring it back if you can Heyman, please bring it back, i can't stand this Mcmahon-Helmsley tosh any longer.
Sun 26/10/03 at 22:42
Regular
What about stone cold stunner and the mcmahon stunner, their practically the same.
Sun 26/10/03 at 20:11
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Heh. :D Thats true but Angle didn't start using that move till years and years after Shamrock left the WWE... To be fair, the move did need to be brought back into the WWE in some way. :)
Sun 26/10/03 at 14:47
Regular
LL Cool TT wrote:
>There once was a time when no-one used some other guy's trademark moves

*cough* Shamrock Ankle lock, Kurt Angle *cough*
Sat 25/10/03 at 20:28
Regular
It's just sad, isn't it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.