GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Au revoir & confessions"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/10/03 at 09:20
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
So today is my last day here at my job.
I started here almost 4 years ago and decided to join SR when I bought a PS2 on launch day, to complain about it being rubbish as a household convenience item.
And carried on from there.
I've moved departments 3 times, had a pay rise twice.
I slept with the girl from our Colombia office when she came over to here for 6 months. She thought it was a long-term thing, it wasn't. Whoops.
I've worked for 4 different bosses, 3 of which were fired after a few months - I think I *do* have magic powers because of this and I am happy.
Since joining this company, I have had 2 serious relationships and have managed to bag (as of today) 19 different notches. 1 of which is a ####-buddy, we meet maybe once a week and I leave the next morning.
I've joined the best band in the country, have recorded an album, done over 40+ gigs, supported Haven, The 45s & various others.
I've introduced people to Clutch, have been introduced to Fila Brazilia amongst others.
I've won almost 30 GADs courtesy of Special Reserve, for nothing more than writing absolute toss that, somehow, was deemed better than your stuff (Dont ask me how).
I've had 2 PS2s, 2 PCs, 1 Xbox and 1 Gamecube.

Seeing as this is my last day here, I'm not too sure how often I'll be posting in future. I'll pop along in the evenings and maybe at weekends just to catch up.
Teacher Training will follow.
I've no idea how that's going to end up, where I'll be or even if I'll be able to hack it but unless you try, you'll never know.

I've always espoused breaking rules, following your heart and not sitting idly by and watching the years tick away until you have no time left and a heart full of regret.
So I'm holding my nose, jumping in and seeing just how deep I can go.

Yes I'm excited, yes I'm happy. I'm also bloody terrified of what may come. But that, for me, is the ideal way to live.
I'll be posting throughout today, for my own amusement and that of others.
Cos that's what I do.

Thanks, I'll be here all day. Try the chicken, it's great.
Thu 23/10/03 at 17:31
Regular
"everyone says it"
Sounds like you had a great time Goaty, I look forward to a Parker album and I still listen to the two songs I have.

We may have had our disagreements over the years, infact your perception of me will probably change when I do release a film better than The Matrix, but enough of me :P Good luck with the near future.

You also remember, you gave me advice and I took it.. and got some swing swing. For that, you rock.
Thu 23/10/03 at 16:12
Regular
I have a teacher called Mr Mason. He is a dude.
Thu 23/10/03 at 15:59
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
I would love to see Goaty in the Daily Mail.

"Evil molesting teacher in 10 girl A-Level student sex orgy"

I will read and think, "I'm in the wrong job".

Good luck Goaty mate.
Thu 23/10/03 at 15:55
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
As everyone's said, best of luck and we hope not to see you in the Daily Mail any time soon.
Thu 23/10/03 at 15:51
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
And here's my email I sent to allusers at my work:

"Just wanted to say thanks to all for my card and my pressie, much appreciated! I shall spend it on cigarettes and alcohol and music and women.
I have absolutely no bloody idea what I've just done but one thing I do know is that my life is never boring (Tiff can provide details once I've left) so I'm running away to seek my fortune teaching angry unwilling kids the joys of Shakespeare, Chaucer and Charlotte's Web.

I've gone from being left alone after a week to run export (cheers for that Abid) for 5 weeks as a temp in Jan 2000, to finally going down the pub for lunch almost 4 years later (I had a bacon roll & coke trivia fans...).
Anyone that knows me will be just as surprised as I am that I'm off to do grown up things finally, still doesn't make any sense to me but then boys never grow up, we just get taller and fatter.

So I bid you all farewell and I'll send emails when I remember to (see Chrissy, it's not just a work thing) keep you informed of my adventures in Edumacation land.
And the next time you see me, I shall be Mr Mason in a tweed jacket with elbow patches and probably smoking a pipe.

And as soon as the hailstones have stopped, I can leave without running like a girl across the car park.
Thanks for putting up with my sunny disposition and cheery smile first thing in the morning for this amount of time and hope you all enjoy the next 4 years without me - somehow I think you'll struggle by!

Ta and goodbye all"

---

It's been emotional.
Thu 23/10/03 at 15:47
Regular
Good luck then.
Hope the.. younger people at the new job don't dent the action for the purple wand and the hairy sack of magic :^)
Thu 23/10/03 at 15:43
Regular
Dont leave :-(
Thu 23/10/03 at 15:39
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Ah well, good luck and all. I'd be more sad but I hardly get to post myself these days.

I don't think I know 19 woman... I can count the amount I've kissed on my fingers.

Git
Thu 23/10/03 at 14:18
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Goatboy wrote:
> I forgot all about that one. Last thing I wrote that made myself
> laugh was inventing a sport called "Butt Snorkling"

I love it when I make myself laugh. Although it's usually awkward, because normally I'm just sitting on my own thinking and then burst out laughing. There's always someone walking past, isn't there?
Thu 23/10/03 at 14:11
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Blank wrote:
I'll also shed a tear for your funny
> as hell phrases ("the coquettish wink of the ginger
> diamond" springs to mind).
---

HAHAHAHA
I forgot all about that one. Last thing I wrote that made myself laugh was inventing a sport called "Butt Snorkling"

I fully intend to carry on posting when I get the chance, it'll just be not during the day. I'm off home in about an hour to spend ma leaving vouchers in Virgin.
Now you chaps play nice, that includes you Belldandy.

Man, this is a weird feeling today. Last day at work and last time I'll be posting frequently throughout the day on SR.
Hmmmm...time for a couple more reviews.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.