GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Now this is funny..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/10/03 at 19:55
Regular
For the past few months I have come back to the forums after leaving to finish my GCSEs exams blah blah blah, anyway quite a while ago some one started "Spam Patrol/Control" and this was identical to the "TGMs Spam Plan" and it failed, it lasted about two weeks and then died down.

But what makes me laugh is the two people who repeatedly botherCandyfloss to change things are El Robin and Alec, Alec is claiming that newbies mess up the forum and ruin it for regulars - correct me if im wrong but if this new "TGM Spam Plan" was introduced a few weeks before I left wouldn't these two individuals be banned now, El Robin may have calmed down now but under these new ideas he would be banned already and the same goes for Alec.

As I said in Lindgrens topic there should be another status between Regulars and Notables because there is so many decent regulars who won't stick around to become a notable due to the amount of crap that gets posted now.
Wed 22/10/03 at 23:52
Regular
"It's been a while.."
14 reviews and 14 GAD's. Sh!te man.
Wed 22/10/03 at 23:51
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
KR. wrote:
> As I said in Lindgrens topic there should be another status between
> Regulars and Notables because there is so many decent regulars who
> won't stick around to become a notable due to the amount of crap that
> gets posted now.

I've stuck around for years (literally) since becoming a regular not in the hope of becoming a notable but because *shock* I quite like posting here. If you need any other insentive to "stick around" then you've got to wonder how wonderful your input is if your getting no fun out of it.

Do you want to know what the biggest irony about all the spam is? Most of the spam is about hating spam. For every one "wots ur fav game?" post, there'll be eight regular acting all high and mighty moaning about the good old days. Spam will always be there, no matter what you do about it. No matter how much garbage do gooding regualrs post moaning about things it'll still happen. You could cut spam down to a fraction of its current volume if do gooding regulars stopped the whining.

Get off the high horses (oh... there's where the tag line came from...) and post some interesting stuff becasue, like spam, that's contageous.
Wed 22/10/03 at 20:31
Regular
Fiery Salamander wrote:
> never heard of that but i think a new status might be a good idea
> because anyone can become a regular but not every regular is good.

And if this new status was introduced Newbies and new regulars couldn't say "how many posts do I have to do to become a (insert new status)" because the status would change over time not posts.
Wed 22/10/03 at 20:27
Regular
I like Lindgrens idea best aswell.
Wed 22/10/03 at 20:22
"For the horde!!!!"
never heard of that but i think a new status might be a good idea because anyone can become a regular but not every regular is good
Wed 22/10/03 at 20:20
Actually, I prefer Lingren's idea more now.
Wed 22/10/03 at 20:20
Regular
Foreman wrote:
> Why don't everyone go back to the FOG Forum and leave the spammers in here?

Spammers will spam the place where the most people are, if every one went into FOG Chat then that is where the spammers would go.
Wed 22/10/03 at 20:19
Regular
Yeah, I geddit...
Wed 22/10/03 at 20:16
Regular
Foreman wrote:
> Why don't everyone go back to the FOG Forum and leave the spammers in
> here?

Here here. Although, I actually like FOG Chat now.
Wed 22/10/03 at 20:08
Regular
"Proffesional Eejit."
Alec wrote:
> Oi i did used to spam like crazy. I don't so much any more. At least
> recognise that...

you are however, a chumbucket, and that is being recognised.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.