GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Monkey Dust! New Monkey Dust!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/10/03 at 13:13
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Saw an advert for it last night on BBC3, then punched the air. When I said Peep Show was the best thing on TV, I forgot about this. It has to be up there somewhere.

For those who don't know, it's a dark, witty, well written comedy animation series. It takes what critics would call a "sideways look at reality". Nice blend of satire and just-plain-funny sketches.

Unfortunately there wasn't a date given, only "coming soon". Mr Hoppy!
Sun 02/11/03 at 22:52
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
RoJ wrote:
> Toilet humour? You obviously can't have seen much of it thenI don't
> think any scenes use it. You can ask Blank when he comes on.

I don't recall any myself. One scene where Kelly the work experience girl has her head down a toilet, but apart from that I can't remember anything.

Monkey Dust is a mix of plain funny sketches and a satirical look at society. Like the teenager who's trying to explain that the Matrix isn't that far fetched, as "it's well known that the American government has been developing computers a thousand times more intelligent than the human brain," only to be met by a "Yes, but when are you going to move out?" from his parents.

Or the woman who rings up her bank, and is greeted by a man in India saying "Hello, my name is...Martin. Brass monkies, isn't it?" as buckets of sweat pour off him. The woman tells him she's moving to a different bank, rings up the new bank, and the phone is answered by the man at the next desk.

Or the cab driver that tells his customers something outlandish, like "In my country, am I the premier heart surgeon," and ends up taking said customer somewhere ridiculous, such as Io, the third moon of Jupiter, when they asked for Pizza Express.

Or David Baddiel, who thinks he can do anything because he's a professional comedian.

Or the classically trained actor, who talks in exactly the same tone no matter what he's doing.

Or just about any sketch. The whole show is brilliant, and I can't wait for Tuesday. If the first series DVD, if it ever comes into being, is on my must-buy list. As is Peep Show and Adam And Joe Go Tokyo.
Sun 02/11/03 at 23:09
Regular
"bWo > You"
Blank wrote:
> Or just about any sketch. The whole show is brilliant, and I can't
> wait for Tuesday. If the first series DVD, if it ever comes into
> being, is on my must-buy list. As is Peep Show and Adam And Joe Go
> Tokyo.

Yes, yes, just yes.

The last two especially are on my Most Wanted List o' DVDs, but I do like Monkey Dust, even after seeing one sketch that really has put me to tears (the one where a kid visits his dad, because the parents are split up, and the dad tries to impress his son but fails each time. He goes upstairs, shuts the door, and shoots himself, and just after his son goes, "Dad, can I come and live with you?" Just typing it makes me feel terrible, and, that's how good Monkey Dust is)
Sun 02/11/03 at 23:28
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Yeah, that sketch is probably the most morbidly funny of the lot. In the final one he actually doesn't kill himself though, just goes "Nah," throws the pills down the sink and plays with Timmy.

And how could I forget to mention Ivan Dobsky? Possibly the funniest, just in concept alone. "I'd like two tickets for Mud at Wembley Stadium please."

Also first time cottager and the bloke who tells his wife outrageous lies about what he's been doing look like they're back for series two. I'm not sure about the latter - it'll still be funny, but I think they've done that and should move on. First time cottager still has life left yet.
Mon 03/11/03 at 11:31
Regular
'Just please don't "hack" my hotmail address'

Well, saying that puts you on top of my imaginary Hack List.

Oh and kids, tiolet humour doesn't actually mean humour involving toilets. Heh.
Mon 03/11/03 at 16:29
Regular
He was being sarcastic.
Mon 03/11/03 at 17:49
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
From what I saw of the series there were only one or two sketches which were tiolet humour... Most were just extremely dark and funny. The Mr. Hoppy murder guy was fantastic. Especially in the last episode (I think?) where he went on a rampage and made a new Mr. Hoppy out of peoples faces...

Disturbing, yes. But also hilarious.
Mon 03/11/03 at 20:01
Regular
"\\"
And the baby who got a crap name. I found that the funniest part.
Mon 03/11/03 at 21:01
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
The Zeppo wrote:
> Oh and kids, tiolet humour doesn't actually mean humour involving
> toilets. Heh.

I was being faecestious.
Mon 03/11/03 at 22:18
Regular
The Zeppo wrote:
> 'Just please don't "hack" my hotmail address'
>
>
> Well, saying that puts you on top of my imaginary Hack List.

He was being sarcastic.

Word Of The Day: Imaginary

Word Of The Week: Shut The Foot Cup
Mon 03/11/03 at 22:22
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
The Zeppo wrote:
> Word Of The Week: Shut The Foot Cup

*Words, darling.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.