GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This place has gone down hill..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/10/03 at 19:58
Regular
"^_^"
DOn't know if you lot have noticed, but this forum has been going down hill for a long time.

Ask anyone who has been around a while and they might agree, but from what i can see, people are getting more annoying, agressive, insultive and all round making this place a worse place to be.

I have stopped posting as much as I used to, this is just one of the many reasons why...
Tue 21/10/03 at 18:24
Regular
"It's been a while.."
Good plan jimmy..
Tue 21/10/03 at 18:21
Regular
Alec wrote:
> Maybe the outrage
> started when Hercules! and Tribute were banned, it was certainly
> around this time. They then came back as many JaT's and spammed the
> forums up.

I'm 99.9% sure that Matt never came back. At all. Well, he did, as a newbie on my account (and a regular on Memo's account) but he never spammed etc.

It started when the Pokémon forum left. All the newbies used to post there, but not anymore.

I say SR make a newbie forum (modded by two or three Notables, pah). No regulars are allowed to post there, and only the Notable mods are allowed to view and post in the forum. Then, block all newbie posts from every other forum and wham, done/
Tue 21/10/03 at 18:17
Regular
Nash is an old timer?

heh.
Tue 21/10/03 at 11:54
Regular
I was going to say this but then i would get bashed at for moaning.
Tue 21/10/03 at 11:21
Regular
Bullett wrote:

> For all you guys (and ladies too) *, maybe you should think of reviving
> the FOG Chat forum.

* moaning and giving off
Tue 21/10/03 at 11:19
Regular
Dr Gonzo wrote:
> Whine whine whine - I forgot that time of the month had came round
> again when a regular feels the need to make the *shocking* statement
> that things aren't as good as they used to be. How about you go post
> something interesting instead of moaning? If you ignore spam, it
> goes away; if you waste time commenting on it you may as well be
> spamming yourself.

That's true to a point, but, although I haven't commented on the spam, I have noticed how incredibly more there is now than back in the day (I've only recently returned to these forums).

For all you guys (and ladies too), maybe you should think of reviving the FOG Chat forum - that used to thrive and be the main talking point for virtually everybody here.

And also IGNORE the spammers, surely you should know that reacting to their dross only fuels them more.
Tue 21/10/03 at 11:14
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Whine whine whine - I forgot that time of the month had came round again when a regular feels the need to make the *shocking* statement that things aren't as good as they used to be. How about you go post something interesting instead of moaning? If you ignore spam, it goes away; if you waste time commenting on it you may as well be spamming yourself.
Tue 21/10/03 at 10:29
Regular
Handy man wrote:
> Only because it has become the spammers "hub". With the
> arrival of more spamming users, it digs it own grave.

Good point.

It's like they're some sort of bacteria, One thread posted by them is just fertilizing ground for them to multiply.

I tend not to post *too much* in here anymore, because most of the posters are general retards, bar a few of course.
Tue 21/10/03 at 10:25
Regular
Only because it has become the spammers "hub". With the arrival of more spamming users, it digs it own grave.
Mon 20/10/03 at 23:34
Regular
This forum hit the bottom of the hill a very long time ago.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.