GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"who should they sue?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/10/03 at 12:13
Regular
Copying Stuff, or mentioning it always seems to upset people. sorry.

Just a Thought This, perhaps the record companys should take on the manufacturers of the devices that allow the wholesale copying of material?

If someone provides you with a device that enables you to break the law and make multiple copies of something then are the jointly responsible?

if you give someone a gun (with your name stamped on it!) and then they go shoot someone im sure the cops would be round you house fairly sharpish with a assisted homecide rap, if you give some one the means to do something then are you not responsible when they do?

Im not against copyright theft, just in-case you are wondering.
Fri 17/10/03 at 11:04
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
The record companies like to say that the piracy of downlaoading MP3's is the sole cause of dropping singles sales.

Sorry, Mr. Multinational, but it isn't.

Its a combination of two things - One, the laughable range of tripe that you release that only children below the age of 12 enjoy (a.k.a Britney spears, spice girls)and the price of singles - £3.99 in most cases for two to three songs.

Points about the priceing - I could buy 20 loaves of tesco value bread for that.

The market that you aim for doesn't even earn money

Why pay four quid for a single good song, when an album of twedleve costs between £10 and £16 (with £16 again being overpriced, £10 reasonable).

The Music Makers don't like taking risks.

Note: I am not a pirate - I download albums and, if I like them, I will buy them, Der Nazi your wrong on this point - You justify piracy as others pay for the music. Well if it keeps going that way there will be none as everyone will be pirating. In two words its ignorant and selfish of you o think that way
Fri 17/10/03 at 09:15
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
WHAT is wrong with downloading MP3s? It may lose record companies money, but if they raised their prices by about 75p per CD they could recoup some of the losses. And there will always be plenty of idiots who don't know how to download MP3s and compile albums and will then buy CDs at highly inflated prices. And the same idiots will go online and PAY to download Mp3s when there are literally thousands of MP3 sites which are FREE. We can rely on these people who buy ALL their CDs to keep prices down in future if the situation stays the same as it is now. A lot of people will only buy CDs if they can't find them online or copy them from friends.

And as for what other peiople think? Here's an example.

I don't really care about what Lars Ulrich says about it. I'm a fan of Metallica anyway.

By posting this I am not promoting illegal downloads. This I say for legal reasons.
Thu 16/10/03 at 19:37
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
I agree.
Thu 16/10/03 at 18:02
Regular
I fully agree with you but you dont get a response unless you stir things up a bit. no point people agreeing with you all the time...
Wed 15/10/03 at 12:28
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
That's rediculious. How many times have Ford (or any car manufacturer) been held liable for thier customer's erratic driving? There are a million perfectly legitimate reasons to own a CD burner or MP3 players. Until I got hold of CDex (which rip music from any CD) I was often annoyed that I'd buy a CD and be unable to rip it to the PC. I have an iPod and my car stereo is MP3 compatible, so pretty much any music I listen to is in MP3 format. However, they try and block me ripping the music I've paid for from the CD. Add that to the fact that one of the biggest players in the anti-piracy lawsuits is Sony (through their games, music, and movies devisions), who also make and sell CD/DVD-burners and re-branded media.

They shouldn't sue anyone as it is a waste of time. They should provide a legal alternative for people who want to download films and music because at the moment the pirates often win for the sake of convenience. It is just easier to stick the thing on to download and have it in a couple of minutes, rather than messing about with postage for mail order or travel for visiting real shops. It's no excuse as you are still stealing, but until there is a real alternative it'll happen.

And your gun example is ludicrous.
Wed 15/10/03 at 12:13
Regular
Copying Stuff, or mentioning it always seems to upset people. sorry.

Just a Thought This, perhaps the record companys should take on the manufacturers of the devices that allow the wholesale copying of material?

If someone provides you with a device that enables you to break the law and make multiple copies of something then are the jointly responsible?

if you give someone a gun (with your name stamped on it!) and then they go shoot someone im sure the cops would be round you house fairly sharpish with a assisted homecide rap, if you give some one the means to do something then are you not responsible when they do?

Im not against copyright theft, just in-case you are wondering.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.