GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I missed my first lecture today"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/10/03 at 10:20
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Right now I should be listening about the Western Europe in the 13th century.

I slept in for a few minutes so decided not to bother rushing and probably missing train and stayed in bed for half an hour extra. So far I have cleaned my room, hung out washing, did some ironing, had a 'good' breakfast and sorted out all my previous notes. True I have missed some notes and feel guilty for not going but meh. Not got Politics till 1 and then I finish after that anyway.

It's so crap... I need to get up at 7 just to get in for 10. Stupid long journey.

*Moan whinge etc*

And I don't get Sociology... stupid busy course.
Thu 16/10/03 at 14:05
Hmmm, I missed all my lecture today, had a valid excuse though. Anyway, that also means I've missed getting lunch, and am now feeling mighty hungry. THere's nothing to eat except biscuits and some Nutri Grain bars, and with the next meal at 5, should I just chomp and a bar and wait, or try and go out and get something healthy?
Thu 16/10/03 at 13:29
Regular
"Mi/\\/dfrig Naked"
does anyone go Canterbury Uni?
Wed 15/10/03 at 19:28
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
You just miss lectures tactically, and I say this as someone in the fourth year of a Law and Accounting degree who currently coasting through with a high 2.1 average. Loads of lecturers don't actually lecture, they just dictate notes with a very sparse commentary - these you can miss as long as there's someone to grab notes from (and share the skiving with by sharing-alike). For my degree it’s more a balancing act between the reading and the lectures, you can ease off on one, but not both.

Just use the tutorials to see if you're keeping up.
Wed 15/10/03 at 18:49
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I missed a couple in week 2, had a funeral to go to and grieving family to tend to. Missed one on Monday because the class before it overshot by half an hour. Apart from that, I'm doing ok so far.

Anyone live in Armagh? I'm going there on Friday with the Uni.
Wed 15/10/03 at 17:41
Regular
you're on the slippery slope Sheepy - missing lectures was my achilles heel and subsequently I'm repeating a module at the moment. Don't do it!
Wed 15/10/03 at 16:52
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I miss Hanibal Lector, Hannibal from the A Team and lecturing people on woodlice.
Wed 15/10/03 at 16:50
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Cherish your first year at Uni as it's the only one you can get away with missing piles of stuff - most Universities the first year is just pass or fail and doesn't influence your degree one bit (unless you fail in which case you're likely to be chucked off the course).

I really hated on set of lectures on Heritage Studies so me and my friend missed all but 3, and still romped home with a score of 75% in the overall assessment for the module.

You can miss stuff in year 2 and 3, but you'd be a bit stupid to unless you're ill/drunk, that kind of thing.
Wed 15/10/03 at 14:32
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I missed an accountancy lecture yesterday afternoon and an economics one today...

My first 2 misses.

I'm ill though, so I got an excuse...

Ill again that is.

Freshers flu has gone, now everyones getting sore throats and losing the ability to speak!
Wed 15/10/03 at 14:20
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
So, you're no longer a lecture-skipping virgin - hurrah! That was sarcasm by the way. It's easy to get into the routine of missing lectures to lay-in, so unless you've got an incredibly good reason/fit woman, don't start doing it. I'm still paying for missing a load of lectures from the end of last year. Trust me, you'll regret it afterwards if you skip too many.
Wed 15/10/03 at 14:02
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I got an E in a Biology test, if it makes you feel better.

Two massive "extended answer" questions, one worth eight marks, the other ten. One mark for the former, three for the latter. And one mark is awarded for quality of written communication.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.