GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cabin Fever (major spoilers)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/10/03 at 09:39
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Some thoughts.

* That dead dog at the start looked really fake.
* What’s with the Kung fu kid?
* Liquid latex, lots of fake blood and one (admittedly) cool mask do not a gory film make.
* It takes an age to get started.
* That “party guy” cop was seriously irritating.
* What’s with the different times the disease takes to manifest? Some people seem to rot in hours, some longer
* the dead body in the reservoir was nasty (when the kind falls on it. Predictable, but still nasty)
* the leg shaving scene was naff. Liquid latex again.
* the kid “I’ve made it!” then getting shot, was ripped straight out of Dawn of the dead
* why did it degenerate into a cheap rip off of “The Thing”. Hell, it even lifts a line “We should prepare our own meals”
* choppy editing made the film distracting
* why the voyeur scene when he goes for help? Why did he not mention the house and occupants to the other members of the group when he returned?
* the harmonica down the throat was really, really stupid.
* those rednecks decided to kill the group *really* quickly
* The “whats that rifle for?”, “that’s for the ni@@ers” play on words was really funny.
* the two lads go for help. The girl turns up in a house, silence. Then the skater kid jumps out on her. Cheap “spring loaded cat” scares are very poor, and were old after the first film that used them (Alien)

Still, kudos for trying, and the sooner the self aware style of Scream type horrors are buried, the better. I like my serious horror serious, and comedy horror like “Brain Dead” or “Bad Taste” but above all, gory. Cabin Fever was entertaining enough regardless of the points listed above (I love ALL film) but this is not the saviour of modern horror like some websites and reviews have claimed.

Hurry up “Undead”. Hopefully this, although tongue in cheek, will be a better film. With Pete Jackson doing his long hoped for remake of King Kong (whe script is available on www.simplyscripts.com. It sucks) the torch has to be passed on.
Tue 14/10/03 at 12:27
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I read a review that stated (from memory),

“You would think it would be difficult to make a horror movie featuring vampires battling werewolves dull and tedious, but in Underworld, Len Wiseman succeeds magnificently in this respect.”

I think I’ll wait for rental for that one……………
Tue 14/10/03 at 12:19
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Underworld sucks bear balls.
It's the worst "horror" movie this year. Really it is.
A vampire that can't see in the dark? Wanky Vamp he was.

Cabin Fever looks like Citizen Kane compared to that floater.
Tue 14/10/03 at 12:17
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
gamezfreak wrote:
> No offence but I seriously hate people like you.
>
> Why do you feel the need to examine a film so much? Just watch that
> damn thing.

I did just watch the damn thing. These are the things that occured to me while I was watching it. Care to comment on any of the points I've raised?

Hell, I'm a big fan of horror movies, but I found this one sadly lacking.

I examine a film if silly plot points and jarring editing or direction take me out from being immersed in the movie. If at any time I think "gee, that’s a bit stupid / good", I remember it.

I examine movies because I'm interested in them, behind the scenes stuff through to the final product. I'm not a film student, but do you really think that if people didn't examine films, then the industry would ever learn and develop?

At the end of the day, they are just my opinions.
Tue 14/10/03 at 11:14
Regular
No offence but I seriously hate people like you.

Why do you feel the need to examine a film so much? Just watch that damn thing.
Tue 14/10/03 at 09:39
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Some thoughts.

* That dead dog at the start looked really fake.
* What’s with the Kung fu kid?
* Liquid latex, lots of fake blood and one (admittedly) cool mask do not a gory film make.
* It takes an age to get started.
* That “party guy” cop was seriously irritating.
* What’s with the different times the disease takes to manifest? Some people seem to rot in hours, some longer
* the dead body in the reservoir was nasty (when the kind falls on it. Predictable, but still nasty)
* the leg shaving scene was naff. Liquid latex again.
* the kid “I’ve made it!” then getting shot, was ripped straight out of Dawn of the dead
* why did it degenerate into a cheap rip off of “The Thing”. Hell, it even lifts a line “We should prepare our own meals”
* choppy editing made the film distracting
* why the voyeur scene when he goes for help? Why did he not mention the house and occupants to the other members of the group when he returned?
* the harmonica down the throat was really, really stupid.
* those rednecks decided to kill the group *really* quickly
* The “whats that rifle for?”, “that’s for the ni@@ers” play on words was really funny.
* the two lads go for help. The girl turns up in a house, silence. Then the skater kid jumps out on her. Cheap “spring loaded cat” scares are very poor, and were old after the first film that used them (Alien)

Still, kudos for trying, and the sooner the self aware style of Scream type horrors are buried, the better. I like my serious horror serious, and comedy horror like “Brain Dead” or “Bad Taste” but above all, gory. Cabin Fever was entertaining enough regardless of the points listed above (I love ALL film) but this is not the saviour of modern horror like some websites and reviews have claimed.

Hurry up “Undead”. Hopefully this, although tongue in cheek, will be a better film. With Pete Jackson doing his long hoped for remake of King Kong (whe script is available on www.simplyscripts.com. It sucks) the torch has to be passed on.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.