GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"IS anyone feeling generous?...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/10/03 at 20:58
Regular
I've just bought a domain name (www.this-side-up.biz) from SR and am using it to host my music web-site. It's nothing serious, just a bit of fun between me and my mate.

Basically, our site looks rubbish. I admit this.

I was wondering if anyone would be generous enough to donate some code that would help us do the following things:

Have a discussion board - Doesn't have to be a whole board like SR, just the equivalent of one forum would be fine.

Some way of updating the front page without re-uploading the HTML file all the time. Maybe there's a way of displaying part of the discussion board or something?

Also any images/logo's that you think would be cool.

I know this is asking a lot, but I know nothing about web-design as you've probably guessed by now. Unfortunately, I have no time to learn at the moment as I am currently trying to keep a emping job, hunt for a proper job and stop everything I learnt at uni from dribbling out of my ears.

Obviously you'll get full credits on the site, and any links or whatever you fancy as well.

Email me if you want to help: [email protected]

I will really, really appriciate any help.

Cheers.
Mon 27/10/03 at 15:38
"I love yo... lamp."
You are so funny Mod. You have a point too, but that's not the point.
Mon 27/10/03 at 15:37
"Are you sure?"
This would be a good point to stop new posts and start a new thread with a more descriptive subject title. Why not start a new thread with a subject along the lines of "Registering new sites with Search Engines". You will find you get a better response when people can immediately tell what your post is about and it helps all the users of this forum. Thanks.
Mod!
Mon 27/10/03 at 13:16
Regular
Can anyone tell me how I go about registering my site with search engines so that people will begin to find it?

Cheers.
Wed 22/10/03 at 09:13
Regular
I'm with FreeOLA, and they do support MySQL, so I'll have to look into it.

Cheers for the tip :-)
Tue 21/10/03 at 11:11
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Does your host support MySQL? If they do then just go into your MySQL control panel and create the database.

If they don't support MySQL you'll have to use another discussion board.
Mon 20/10/03 at 18:05
Regular
I'm trying to set up a forum on the site, I've downloaded phpBB 2.0.6 to use, and I'm having a few difficulties sorting i out.

It wants me to put in a database name, which I do and it doesn't like, so I guess it needs me to create the database first. How do I do this?

It also wants to know stuff like Database Server Hostname and Prefix For Tables and things like this.

Any ideas?

Cheers.
Sat 18/10/03 at 16:14
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> First rule of typesetting:
> Use a serif font for the body of test, sans serif for titles.
>
> So don't dump Times New Roman yet.

I can't think of any websites off the top of my head that use serif fonts for body text. I generally avoid serif fonts unless you're specifically going for that posh old-worlde look.
Sat 18/10/03 at 14:22
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
When I go to http://cutephp.com I just get a blank screen ? Anyone else get this as I coudl really use a thing like it for putting up news on my ever-work in progress site.
Fri 17/10/03 at 09:03
Regular
Nice one, cheers!

:-)
Thu 16/10/03 at 18:09
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.