GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cabin Fever - Reviewed"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/10/03 at 01:21
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Right and wrong, trust and betrayal. How far would you go to look after number 1 when the killer doesn't care who you are? Cabin Fever shows human nature in a brilliantly constructed, fast paced and delightfully gory couple of hours.

Group hysteria has always been the horror writer's most treasured plot device and Cabin Fever takes it to another level. When a group of students head out into the woods in pursuit of a little fun no one blinks an eye, but as the audience would expect from a traditional horror film it all ends in the inevitable. Gore and death. As normal the characters have more money than sense and are demonstrably attractive but when all their fun and fornication comes to an end they all show what’s behind their pretty faces…perhaps because they are falling off.

Enter the deliverer of death. Late one night, these teenagers get a visit. No he's not collecting for charity or trying to sell them double-glazing. It is someone a lot worse. It’s the local hermit; he’s drenched in his own blood and begging for help and eughhh he’s peeling! What would you do? Well that dilemma is quickly resolved thanks to the kick az$ now and ask questions later approach of the occupants. They don't half trash their car though.

Oh dear it seems they have created more problems than they have solved. Now they are trapped in the middle of nowhere with the cannibal kid at the nearest store and a killer virus outside. Well, at least they got rid of the filthy beggar...

It seems to me that the central characters could have benefited from a few more visits to Sunday school, did no one ever tell them to treat others they way you would like to be treated? This dominant theme may be highly unoriginal but thanks to the brilliant portrayal of teenage reactions to horrific situations this film does stand out from the rest.

Although the plot of Cabin Fever can be somewhat unconvincing at times with a variety of startling coincidences they are soon forgotten about. Cabin Fever's director Eli Roth saw this films potential and has achieved the remarkable. Cabin Fever brilliantly shows us the mental break down of these 5 students as their long life friends slowly decompose around them. This allows issues such as euthanasia to be presented in a movie environment without any real controversy. After seeing the rotting flesh and showers of blood you really do sympathise with their situation and the question of, what would you do? Comes forward once again.

You must remember however that this is not a Scream movie. There is no man in a costume who wants to slice and dice some kids. This film has a different type of killer, one that is invisible, one that is relentless and one with unknown origins...until it is too late.

If you like psychological thrillers and your gory horror movies then you'll love Cabin Fever but be warned, this is not for the faint of heart. Cabin Fever is a well deserved 4 star flick and I'd advise anyone and everyone to go and check it out whenever you get the chance. Sweet dreams.
Mon 13/10/03 at 19:02
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Yeh that's what I thought too Gamezfreak and as for you Blank. Well. Well, well, well. I'll have you know i've never copied a review. Why do you think I have suddenly started now?
Mon 13/10/03 at 18:53
Regular
Possum wrote:
> I never recall them saying about him being dead outside the tent, Who
> was that in the cave then that the guy tripped over?

That WAS the skater dude - His name was 'Grim' I think.

If you listened carefully that bloke sigh's 'Grim' under his breath.
Mon 13/10/03 at 18:34
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Really? Anything you say now be noted down and later used against you.
Mon 13/10/03 at 18:26
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Pardon? I wrote that review meself.
Mon 13/10/03 at 18:05
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
So where exactly did you copy and past this from, Cubist?
Mon 13/10/03 at 17:31
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
The guy in the cave was just another victim. As for the KCK - Karate Cannibal Kid he was just wierd:S
Mon 13/10/03 at 17:00
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
I never recall them saying about him being dead outside the tent, Who was that in the cave then that the guy tripped over?

And I don't think it was something to start a fire in that box. Also, it was silly that in the beginning when the guy was tryna get his dog to move that he didn't see the big cut down his stomach with the blood coming out.

And it was well wierd when that dennis kid started doing karate.
Mon 13/10/03 at 16:35
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Possum wrote:
> And also, how the hell did the dog in the beginning die,

The flesh eating virus evolved and mutated in that forest and the dog was the first victim in which it was made. Or so I pressume.

> was it his dog ?

...yes...

> and why did the blood just shoot up into his face.

Probably because when he opened it up in the stomach he pull the muscles of the dog in an unusual way making the muscles force an artery to explode.

> Why did that skater guy just dissappear after being in it for like 2
> minutes.

Later on you get told that they found him dead outside his tent and the dog that keeps trying to eat them is his dog who's also got the disease but it obviously has a different affect on dogs.

> And the BIGGEST question of all, what the hell was in that box when
> the hill billies were chasing him ?

I've no idea but I'd guess something to start a fire as they wanted to kill them and then burn the entire place down to destory the disease.
Mon 13/10/03 at 16:00
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
No, thats not really a spoiler what he just said. In a way it is, but it's not like a massive one that gives away the end of the film.

And also, how the hell did the dog in the beginning die, was it his dog ? and why did the blood just shoot up into his face.

Why did that skater guy just dissappear after being in it for like 2 minutes.

And the BIGGEST question of all, what the hell was in that box when the hill billies were chasing him ?
Sun 12/10/03 at 18:50
Regular
Oops - sorry.

*slaps self*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.