GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cabin Fever - Reviewed"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/10/03 at 01:21
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Posts: 3,526
Right and wrong, trust and betrayal. How far would you go to look after number 1 when the killer doesn't care who you are? Cabin Fever shows human nature in a brilliantly constructed, fast paced and delightfully gory couple of hours.

Group hysteria has always been the horror writer's most treasured plot device and Cabin Fever takes it to another level. When a group of students head out into the woods in pursuit of a little fun no one blinks an eye, but as the audience would expect from a traditional horror film it all ends in the inevitable. Gore and death. As normal the characters have more money than sense and are demonstrably attractive but when all their fun and fornication comes to an end they all show what’s behind their pretty faces…perhaps because they are falling off.

Enter the deliverer of death. Late one night, these teenagers get a visit. No he's not collecting for charity or trying to sell them double-glazing. It is someone a lot worse. It’s the local hermit; he’s drenched in his own blood and begging for help and eughhh he’s peeling! What would you do? Well that dilemma is quickly resolved thanks to the kick az$ now and ask questions later approach of the occupants. They don't half trash their car though.

Oh dear it seems they have created more problems than they have solved. Now they are trapped in the middle of nowhere with the cannibal kid at the nearest store and a killer virus outside. Well, at least they got rid of the filthy beggar...

It seems to me that the central characters could have benefited from a few more visits to Sunday school, did no one ever tell them to treat others they way you would like to be treated? This dominant theme may be highly unoriginal but thanks to the brilliant portrayal of teenage reactions to horrific situations this film does stand out from the rest.

Although the plot of Cabin Fever can be somewhat unconvincing at times with a variety of startling coincidences they are soon forgotten about. Cabin Fever's director Eli Roth saw this films potential and has achieved the remarkable. Cabin Fever brilliantly shows us the mental break down of these 5 students as their long life friends slowly decompose around them. This allows issues such as euthanasia to be presented in a movie environment without any real controversy. After seeing the rotting flesh and showers of blood you really do sympathise with their situation and the question of, what would you do? Comes forward once again.

You must remember however that this is not a Scream movie. There is no man in a costume who wants to slice and dice some kids. This film has a different type of killer, one that is invisible, one that is relentless and one with unknown origins...until it is too late.

If you like psychological thrillers and your gory horror movies then you'll love Cabin Fever but be warned, this is not for the faint of heart. Cabin Fever is a well deserved 4 star flick and I'd advise anyone and everyone to go and check it out whenever you get the chance. Sweet dreams.
Sun 19/10/03 at 23:23
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Posts: 11,024
I didn't bother trawling the net for it, because it might not be on the net. People were copying before the internet.

But I have read the review, and I take it back. Cubist did write it.
Sun 19/10/03 at 22:41
Regular
Posts: 18,185
> I know he can't win anything. I just found it unlikely that someone
> like Cubist would use terms such as "mass hysteria" and
> "delightfully".

Well? Why not try and find it. Upon failing. Give up.
Sun 19/10/03 at 22:40
Regular
Posts: 18,185
Cubist wrote:
> Ahhh so your write for Synae.com dringo. I know Phuzzy too, he's
> coming round to my house later funilly enough. Anyway I was wondering
> what input the reviewers etc have on the design and overall lay out
> of the site?

Not too sure... I know i have a lot to say because I've been there before... and I suggest... and he listens...

Be it layout, advertisement campaigns... how my film section is going to look... what goes where.

Naturally he's the boss so gets the final decision.
Sun 19/10/03 at 17:51
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Posts: 11,024
Dringo wrote:
> Blank you started this agressive attack on cubist... for christs sake
> go away, get a life, stop sniffing glue... get an education and grow
> up (not neccessarily in that order). Why would he copy the review?
> What's the point? He can't win anything for it!

I know he can't win anything. I just found it unlikely that someone like Cubist would use terms such as "mass hysteria" and "delightfully".
Sat 18/10/03 at 13:34
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Posts: 3,526
Ahhh so your write for Synae.com dringo. I know Phuzzy too, he's coming round to my house later funilly enough. Anyway I was wondering what input the reviewers etc have on the design and overall lay out of the site?
Fri 17/10/03 at 23:42
Regular
Posts: 18,185
Blank you started this agressive attack on cubist... for christs sake go away, get a life, stop sniffing glue... get an education and grow up (not neccessarily in that order). Why would he copy the review? What's the point? He can't win anything for it!

Cubist it is a nice review, I wrote mine for Synae.com which should go up Sunday.

Anyway I think you missed the point of Cabin Fever, especially you tilt... it was a parody on traditional horror elements and was turned on its head. Yes we had the jock (who was absolutly hilarious), the lovers, the sad lonely guy... and the innocent little girl. All going to the woods... it was a good pi$$ take. But it was very very clever with the way it dealt with the issues, it was a brillant directional system and some of the lines were laughing.

It made me cower out of grimness and laugh in the same scene. Very Very good film. Eli Roth is working with Richard (Donnie Darko) Kelly on their next movie... it will be so fantastic!!!!!!!!
Fri 17/10/03 at 19:20
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Posts: 3,526
P.s. can you just go now? We are getting no where fast and it seems that neither of us is going to change our opinions. (I know mine aren't going to change) So far you've just ruined my post all because you had a grudge. Soooooo immature.
Fri 17/10/03 at 19:17
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Posts: 3,526
Ok lets get this together. I believe that the people who performed the September 11th attacks were Iraqis. However even if they weren't it is not as if there aren't terrorists in Iraq who have performed terrorist attacks too.

Blank wrote:
> No that logic is flawed as America and Britain are more able to find
> those terrorists within. Sending thousands of soldiers to Iraq etc
> to
> find them is really inefficient, causes casualties on our side and
> ends with us levelling their cities anyway. We do try and stop our
> terrorists but in places like Iraq terrorists and other well less
> than nice characters are normally just put in a position of great
> power.


> A) Iraq is a huge country, you can't simply say "We'll never
> find them, let's bomb the hell out of it all.

What is wrogn with you? I mean seriously. You just agreed with my point. Iraq is a huge country and we levelled most of it anyway so the easiest way to finish the job is to send more bombs.

> B) The logic is not flawed. It is EXACTLY, 100% like saying that we
> should nuke every US city because a few terrorists from there
> attacked a building elsewhere.

Did you miss the part at the start where I said that we are more able to find and apprehend terrorists in our own countries unlike in places like Iraq which more often than not puts these evil men in possitions of great power. We don't need to nuke ourselves we are able to apprehend them however Osama etc has eluded us for years.

> C) Don't act like casualties on our side are the only thing that
> matters - thousands of people who are completely innocent and just
> want to get on with their lives will be killed if we do what you
> suggest. People like you, only less stupid.

The casualties on our side are the only people that matter to me and the US/UK armies. I mean normally when they think there is a terrorist somewhere they don't stop to think about the enemy they think of the easiest form to take them out. This all the cities being levelled anyway. Any casualties on their side are casualties of war and they are to be expected.

> D) People like terrorists are *normally* *just* given positions of
> power? Oh brother. Grow up and realise how much of a sweeping
> generalisation you're making.

Well how many terrorists in Iraq etc have no followers and are bin men?

> And aren't those innocents in the cities to be levelled the many?

Nope they are the minority.

> You utterly selfish human being. Do you not think, possibly, that the
> thousands upon thousands upon thousands of people who live in Iraq
> would possibly, just possibly, also want their families to live?
> After all, they are COMPLETELY INNOCENT OF ALL WRONGDOING. They just
> happen to live in the same country as terrorists - which, may I point
> out again, isn't actually true, as we know for certain that the
> terrorists came from other countries altogether.

So? We are completely innocent too except there are terrorists in that part of the world who are threatening us. In WW1 and WW2 many innocent civillians were killed but as I said casualties of war are to be expected.

> Fine. Go back to the fly comparison. The fly does something bad to
> you, so you get the bazooka and kill an entire town. You turn round
> and say "But hey! I got the fly! All's good!"
>
> I don't think so.

Can't argue with results. Fly gone (although you weren't supposed to take that analogy literally) and you are alive.

> You are those things. Apart from idiot, which is my opinion.

They are all your opinions actually. You don't know me you just disagree with my points of view and methods. However I don't care what you say to me because in the end you are the one who just wont let go and keeps on knocking me like a 5 year old. What a big man.

> But it is not practical! It is the polar opposite of practical! For
> one thing it's inefficient!

How is sending missiles from the comfort of a computer chair at wherever they come from less efficient than organising and kitting out thousands of troops, supply trucks, tanks etc and taking them to Iraq which as you've admitted is huge?

> Well I personally find you to be an irritating, fight inciting prude
> and I don't even want to talk to you because of it. Why do you want
> to talk to me if you think I'm that bad? Seriously if you don't like
> it then go away.
>
> In what way am I a prude? Get your dictionary at the ready.

Because you are insisting on being entirely PC and moral. I mean seriously you are being terribly argumentative but you aren't controversial.

> Ah. I knew you couldn't hold out very long without resorting to the
> age old name calling using various words meaning peniss. You
> lasted...what is it.....a day? Good for you!

You were the one who started the name calling so you can't complain when you incite such are response.
Fri 17/10/03 at 18:38
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Posts: 11,024
Cubist wrote:
> Maybe they did maybe they didn't.

No, they didn't. We know this. And that is what every single person in the other thread was trying to tell you.


> It is a point of view considering the fact that I am going against
> the facts and saying what I believe is the truth. As there is no
> solid evidence either way (that I know of) I am simply going on what
> I believe and I believe it was them.

There is solid evidence. And say, for a minute, that there wasn't, why on Earth just choose Iraq at random?

> I just typed "Iraq September 11h" in to google and it came
> up with many articles connecting Iraq to September 11th.

1) None of them contained actual evidence linking the two.
2) If you type "Iraq September 11th", then obviously it's going to come up with both. That's stating the obvious. However if you did a more appropriate, less biased search, such as "September 11th terrorists", it would tell you the details of these terrorists - that they came from Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia. Did you completely miss the bombing campaign?


> No that logic is flawed as America and Britain are more able to find
> those terrorists within. Sending thousands of soldiers to Iraq etc to
> find them is really inefficient, causes casualties on our side and
> ends with us levelling their cities anyway. We do try and stop our
> terrorists but in places like Iraq terrorists and other well less
> than nice characters are normally just put in a position of great
> power.

HAHAHAHA! Did you honestly leave your brain inside your head for that paragraph?

A) Iraq is a huge country, you can't simply say "We'll never find them, let's bomb the hell out of it all.
B) The logic is not flawed. It is EXACTLY, 100% like saying that we should nuke every US city because a few terrorists from there attacked a building elsewhere.
C) Don't act like casualties on our side are the only thing that matters - thousands of people who are completely innocent and just want to get on with their lives will be killed if we do what you suggest. People like you, only less stupid.
D) People like terrorists are *normally* *just* given positions of power? Oh brother. Grow up and realise how much of a sweeping generalisation you're making.


> I believe a wise man once said the needs of the many out weigh the
> needs of the few

And aren't those innocents in the cities to be levelled the many?

> and we are the many that need to obliterate
> terrorism. I simply want their to be minimal casualties on our side
> by sending bombs instead of soldiers. Sorry if i want my friends and
> family to live.

You utterly selfish human being. Do you not think, possibly, that the thousands upon thousands upon thousands of people who live in Iraq would possibly, just possibly, also want their families to live? After all, they are COMPLETELY INNOCENT OF ALL WRONGDOING. They just happen to live in the same country as terrorists - which, may I point out again, isn't actually true, as we know for certain that the terrorists came from other countries altogether.


> Killing the terrorists in the process...

Fine. Go back to the fly comparison. The fly does something bad to you, so you get the bazooka and kill an entire town. You turn round and say "But hey! I got the fly! All's good!"

I don't think so.

> you are a misinformed, stubborn, big headed complete idiot. You did
> it quite nicely.
>
> Sticks and stones.

You are those things. Apart from idiot, which is my opinion.


> That's not moronic that's practical and as I've said if you don't
> like it then get out of the convo.

But it is not practical! It is the polar opposite of practical! For one thing it's inefficient!


> Well I personally find you to be an irritating, fight inciting prude
> and I don't even want to talk to you because of it. Why do you want
> to talk to me if you think I'm that bad? Seriously if you don't like
> it then go away.

In what way am I a prude? Get your dictionary at the ready.

> I'm afraid you don't have freedom of speech, sorry to break it to
> you.
>
> I think I do, look you're a c**k and I hate you...I didn't feel
> restricted when I typed that. It may not be very PC but hey it's how
> i feel. So why don't you just leave me alone and emmm what's the
> phrase, feck off you nob jockey.

Ah. I knew you couldn't hold out very long without resorting to the age old name calling using various words meaning peniss. You lasted...what is it.....a day? Good for you!
Fri 17/10/03 at 17:46
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Posts: 3,526
Blank wrote:

> Exactly my point - hideous misinformation. It was NOT Iraqi
> terrorists who carried out September 11th attacks, nor will you find
> any information to back yourself up. If you want to try, then be my
> guest. But it ain't happening. The people in question came from Saudi
> Arabia and Afghanistan.

Maybe they did maybe they didn't.

> You seem to think this is a point of view, or an opinion. It simply
> isn't. It is an objextive fact, and you're wrong. Hell, maybe in the
> future I will be proven wrong, and it may come out that there was one
> Iraqi on one of the planes. Very very unlikely now, but let's just
> say that it happened - that still does not stop the fact that right
> now you can't know about it, because there is no evidence. Nothing to
> back you up at all.

It is a point of view considering the fact that I am going against the facts and saying what I believe is the truth. As there is no solid evidence either way (that I know of) I am simply going on what I believe and I believe it was them.

> In the past you've said "Do you not watch the news Blank?",
> and by saying these things and connecting Iraq to September 11th
> you're showing that you don't. There has never been any evidence
> shown on any news broadcast that implicates Iraq to the World Trade
> Centre attacks in any way. Go and research it iff you like, but it's
> the truth.

I just typed "Iraq September 11h" in to google and it came up with many articles connecting Iraq to September 11th.

> Okay. So what you're saying is that because a few Iraqis carried out
> September 11th - which they DIDN'T - then we should level their
> cities right? So aside from the fact that they didn't anyway, don't
> you think it's just a tad stupid to wipe out an entire country for
> the act of the few? There have been many British and American
> terrorists - does this mean we should obliterate all UK and US
> cities? Because by your own logic this is the route we have to take.

No that logic is flawed as America and Britain are more able to find those terrorists within. Sending thousands of soldiers to Iraq etc to find them is really inefficient, causes casualties on our side and ends with us levelling their cities anyway. We do try and stop our terrorists but in places like Iraq terrorists and other well less than nice characters are normally just put in a position of great power.

> You are being racist. You're discriminating against one race simply
> because they are that race and nothing else. Definition racism.

I believe a wise man once said the needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few and we are the many that need to obliterate terrorism. I simply want their to be minimal casualties on our side by sending bombs instead of soldiers. Sorry if i want my friends and family to live.

> The most efficient way to solve terrorism is to slaughter millions
> upon millions of innocent people?

Killing the terrorists in the process...


> you are a misinformed, stubborn, big headed complete idiot. You did
> it quite nicely.

Sticks and stones.

> It started off with you posting a review, which I didn't believe you
> wrote, simply because in previous posts you've shown yourself to be
> nothing more than moronic. An example of those posts would be the
> ones in which you said that we should level all Iraqi cities for
> something they didn't do.

That's not moronic that's practical and as I've said if you don't like it then get out of the convo.

> So yes, of course I hold a grudge against you. Because I, personally,
> found what you said to be offensive. let alone misinformed, idiotic,
> wrong etc

Well I personally find you to be an irritating, fight inciting prude and I don't even want to talk to you because of it. Why do you want to talk to me if you think I'm that bad? Seriously if you don't like it then go away.

> I'm afraid you don't have freedom of speech, sorry to break it to
> you.

I think I do, look you're a c**k and I hate you...I didn't feel restricted when I typed that. It may not be very PC but hey it's how i feel. So why don't you just leave me alone and emmm what's the phrase, feck off you nob jockey.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Hide Feedback Tab

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.