GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do you reckon it'll work?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/10/03 at 11:56
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Halo. On my PC. It says 733MHz required, but I've only got a P3 600MHz. What are the chances of it actually working?
Fri 10/10/03 at 18:43
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
But it'd make it better for "you know who" - i.e. he won't scream like a big baby when we sniper him to bits. It'll even it up, and everyone knows that having twice as much screen makes it twice as easy. What are ya - chicken?
Fri 10/10/03 at 18:42
Regular
"That's right!"
But he doesn't want you to cheat by looking at where he is, Snuggers.

Ah, that's the reason I'm king of the FPS games in my home. Except for Goldeneye, Wal would always beat me at that, somehow.
Fri 10/10/03 at 18:40
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
monkey_man wrote:
> And Snugs - we can play it over your home network!!!! Do it
> Doug!!!!!

Or we could play it on my Xbox, in the same room? And talk to each other without having to push 'T' first?
Fri 10/10/03 at 18:16
Regular
Ah...good 'ole Virgin.

Cheap on DVDs, but don't have a clue about games :D

Not suprising seeing as they're mainly a music retailer - games are just their bit on the side.

Still, you'd've thought they'd get things right with a new release...
Fri 10/10/03 at 17:44
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Heh, I told a lie. It was Virgin. Funny how you don't mind us naming other shops when they've made a small mistake, but point out cheaper prices and happier service and it's all "Don't do that! Don't do that!".

Anyway, I got it installed, and after numerous warnings that my processor was too slow and my graphics card had "serious issues" with the game (it's an Nvidia), I ran it in safe mode. Well, if the game was setting your controls and creating profiles then I'd be the king. But the actual game was far too slow to play properly! I'll be getting my laptop at the end of the month, it'll be fine then. And my girlfriend's PC will run it and she's got broadband! So all-in-all, not an entirely wasted journey.

And Snugs - we can play it over your home network!!!! Do it Doug!!!!!
Fri 10/10/03 at 17:42
"slightlyshortertagl"
monkey_man wrote:
> Darkus wrote:
> Do it!!
>
> OK, Special Reserve...

Mr Snuggly wrote:
> It wasn't us, was it?

Duuuuuuhh

:-P
Fri 10/10/03 at 17:40
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
It wasn't us, was it?
Fri 10/10/03 at 17:12
Prrft time for a new computer me thinks, or just an upgrade.
Fri 10/10/03 at 16:55
Regular
"may contain nuts"
Darkus wrote:
> Do it!!

In recent news, SR have cut their advertising budgets massively.
Fri 10/10/03 at 16:54
Regular
"..."
Which shop?!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.