GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Borat : Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/10/06 at 12:04
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Yeah, I couldn't be bothered with putting the whole title in. Looks like a great movie to me... anyone else seen too many clips for their own good here? :D
Sat 28/10/06 at 21:07
Regular
"I may return"
I have so gotta watch that film now, I loved 'Ali G Inda House'!
Sat 28/10/06 at 20:43
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
No need to apologise... they are clearly very different! Basically, to be Borat, he grows a moustache out for 6 weeks or so and wears a suit that's never been washed, in opposition to the overblown "Wigger"/"Afro-Saxon"/"Ghetto" stylings of Ali G.

Sacha Baron Cohen: Quite a master of disguise, actor and writer!
Sat 28/10/06 at 17:53
Regular
"I may return"
OK, this will sound really nuts:
Borat and Ali G are the same bloke!?!? My sister told me but I didn't believe her. Gotta say sorry now :(
Sat 28/10/06 at 17:29
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Nuts? Not really, I'm just been really anticipating this movie as I find Sacha Baron Cohen (Ali G/Borat/Bruno) infinitely funny, so I've been keeping up with clips, news and so on posted online since the movie was first confirmed to be in production!

It's people like me who are kinda mad in actual fact being so hyped up... but hell, it looks like one of the funniest movies of the year!
Sat 28/10/06 at 16:52
Regular
"I may return"
At first I wasn't sure what you were talking about, but I've just seen the advert on TV and was like ooooh!
(I'm nuts, aint I?)
Fri 27/10/06 at 12:00
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
The first 4 minutes have been put up on YouTube, along with a load of deleted scenes... great stuff, if anyone wants a taster of the film!
Thu 26/10/06 at 14:32
Regular
Borat §agdiyev wrote:
> Can't see there being much of a storyline ... his appearances
> are based on interviews where he embarrasses the hell out of
> people.

That's pretty much it, hence no need for storyline.

I don't think the character would work well with a storyline-based movie. In fact, Mr Baron Cohen has always been about the interviews, that's where he shines.

Roll on next week
Thu 26/10/06 at 13:38
Regular
Though I think the character is great, and I love his appearances on telly, I'm not sure if it'd work in a full length movie.

Can't see there being much of a storyline ... his appearances are based on interviews where he embarrasses the hell out of people.

Ah well, I'll give it a watch when it hits DVD.
Thu 26/10/06 at 12:30
Regular
I'll be checking out - apparently everybody will find at least one thing offensive :)

It's a much better character than Ali G, no doubt about it.
Thu 26/10/06 at 12:23
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I'm going to see it, the report from the premier last night on the news was hilarious!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.