GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"England v Turkey - why England should win"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/10/03 at 16:36
Turkey wooo-waaah! Scarey super-team!! Or not. See below all previous encounters with Turkish opposition, before the current tournament:

Turkey 0-8 England, 14 November 1984

England 5-0 Turkey, 16 October 1985

Turkey 0-0 England, 29 April 1987

England 8-0 Turkey, 14 October 1987

Turkey 0-1 England 01/05/91

And let's not forget the 2-0 victory earlier in the current campaign. What does this tell you? In 6 previous games, england have scored 24 goals and conceded a grand total of 0. That means the average scoreline against Turkey is 4-0 to England.

So why are we all so worried? Wooo-waaaah! Turkey gots themselves loads of points in our group!!!!11 So what? They managed to get the better of Leichtenstein, Macedonia and Slovakia. Bar a randomly awful performance at home against Macedonia, so did we, not like it's tough competition or anything.

Make no mistake, England are by far the strongest team in the group, with Turkey limping behind, but still far and away better than the rest of the pack. There is no reason to suspect that England should lose the game this weekend. So come on you lot, sing with me in anticipation of an average performance....

FOUR NIIIIIIIL
FOOOUURR NIIIIIIL
FOUUR NIIILLLL
FOUR NIILLLLLL!

etc ad infinitum
Sat 11/10/03 at 13:48
Regular
Foreman wrote:
> There is no way we are going to lose the match. The simple reason is
> that Collina is the ref.
> He is our lucky mascot and we have never lossed a game when he has
> been the ref. Beating Germany 5-1 and Argentina 1-0.

Turkey have also never lost a match with Colina in charge.
Sat 11/10/03 at 15:02
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Looks like it's going to be a draw then, which means England will qualify to the next round.

=D

I'm tempted to put a tenner on England winning at 2-1, but it's hard to tell what the result will be.
Sat 11/10/03 at 15:36
Regular
I've put £10 on Turkey winning. Makes the game MUCH more interesting for me.
Sat 11/10/03 at 15:43
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I've had £2 on all these to win.

Spain to beat Armenia
Belgium to beat Estonia
Denmark to beat Bosnia
France to beat Israel
Germany to beat Iceland
Greece to beat N.Ireland
Holland to beat Moldova
Italy to beat Azerbaijan
Slovakia to beat Liechtenstein
Norway to beat Luxembourg
Russia to beat Georgia
Scotlaand to beat Lithuania
Sweden to beat Latvia
Wales to beat Serbia
Brighton to beat Grimsby
Swindon to beat Stockport
Darlington to beat Bristol Rovers
Hull to beat Carlisle
Swansea to beat Leyton Orient

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.