GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"England v Turkey - why England should win"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/10/03 at 16:36
Turkey wooo-waaah! Scarey super-team!! Or not. See below all previous encounters with Turkish opposition, before the current tournament:

Turkey 0-8 England, 14 November 1984

England 5-0 Turkey, 16 October 1985

Turkey 0-0 England, 29 April 1987

England 8-0 Turkey, 14 October 1987

Turkey 0-1 England 01/05/91

And let's not forget the 2-0 victory earlier in the current campaign. What does this tell you? In 6 previous games, england have scored 24 goals and conceded a grand total of 0. That means the average scoreline against Turkey is 4-0 to England.

So why are we all so worried? Wooo-waaaah! Turkey gots themselves loads of points in our group!!!!11 So what? They managed to get the better of Leichtenstein, Macedonia and Slovakia. Bar a randomly awful performance at home against Macedonia, so did we, not like it's tough competition or anything.

Make no mistake, England are by far the strongest team in the group, with Turkey limping behind, but still far and away better than the rest of the pack. There is no reason to suspect that England should lose the game this weekend. So come on you lot, sing with me in anticipation of an average performance....

FOUR NIIIIIIIL
FOOOUURR NIIIIIIL
FOUUR NIIILLLL
FOUR NIILLLLLL!

etc ad infinitum
Wed 08/10/03 at 16:36
Turkey wooo-waaah! Scarey super-team!! Or not. See below all previous encounters with Turkish opposition, before the current tournament:

Turkey 0-8 England, 14 November 1984

England 5-0 Turkey, 16 October 1985

Turkey 0-0 England, 29 April 1987

England 8-0 Turkey, 14 October 1987

Turkey 0-1 England 01/05/91

And let's not forget the 2-0 victory earlier in the current campaign. What does this tell you? In 6 previous games, england have scored 24 goals and conceded a grand total of 0. That means the average scoreline against Turkey is 4-0 to England.

So why are we all so worried? Wooo-waaaah! Turkey gots themselves loads of points in our group!!!!11 So what? They managed to get the better of Leichtenstein, Macedonia and Slovakia. Bar a randomly awful performance at home against Macedonia, so did we, not like it's tough competition or anything.

Make no mistake, England are by far the strongest team in the group, with Turkey limping behind, but still far and away better than the rest of the pack. There is no reason to suspect that England should lose the game this weekend. So come on you lot, sing with me in anticipation of an average performance....

FOUR NIIIIIIIL
FOOOUURR NIIIIIIL
FOUUR NIIILLLL
FOUR NIILLLLLL!

etc ad infinitum
Wed 08/10/03 at 16:40
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
If only it were that easy...
Wed 08/10/03 at 16:42
I'm tempted to put a fiver on a Rooney hatrick. Lineker scored a hatrick against Turkey while he was an Everton player....
Wed 08/10/03 at 16:43
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I'm going with the boring but scary at times, 0-0.
Wed 08/10/03 at 16:50
Regular
Turkey look likely to be handed a 3-0 victory.

Anyways, a lot of them results are meaningless. Only one of them is in the last ten years for gods sake. Turkish football has risen rapidly in the last few years with Galatasary winning the uefa cup and the turkish success at the world cup.

Anyone catch Besiktas at Chelsea?
Wed 08/10/03 at 16:59
Regular
"rooooooooooooney"
England will be losing 3-2 (Hakan-Sucker hatrick for Turkey, Michael Owen and Steven Gerrard for England) and in the 93rd minute, David James will thump in a powerful header from a David Beckham corner. There. Settled.

I know the topic is 'Why England should win' but drawing the match in this case would be much the same.
Wed 08/10/03 at 17:09
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
The match will probably peter out into a draw, although I think England are have a good chance of winning. It'll be a hard match with all those crazy Turkish spectators, but England can cope.

And if we lose... damn.
Wed 08/10/03 at 17:27
Damn indeed. I have a recurring vision that we face Holland in the play-offs.
Wed 08/10/03 at 18:30
Regular
"Baros!!!"
There is no way we are going to lose the match. The simple reason is that Collina is the ref.

He is our lucky mascot and we have never lossed a game when he has been the ref. Beating Germany 5-1 and Argentina 1-0.

I'm predicting a 3-1 England win.

Sukur will score early on, with Gerrard getting the equaliser before half-time. Vassell will come on as sub and score 10 minutes before time, with Heskey scoring a last minute goal, to make the Turkish fans invade the pitch.

I'm confident that we'll get the result we need, but I'm more worried about some stupid England fans going over to get us kicked out.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!
Wed 08/10/03 at 18:33
Regular
"Thou shalt GAME!"
What r ppls opinions ppl on ferdinand and his drug test?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.