GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"England v Turkey - why England should win"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/10/03 at 16:36
Turkey wooo-waaah! Scarey super-team!! Or not. See below all previous encounters with Turkish opposition, before the current tournament:

Turkey 0-8 England, 14 November 1984

England 5-0 Turkey, 16 October 1985

Turkey 0-0 England, 29 April 1987

England 8-0 Turkey, 14 October 1987

Turkey 0-1 England 01/05/91

And let's not forget the 2-0 victory earlier in the current campaign. What does this tell you? In 6 previous games, england have scored 24 goals and conceded a grand total of 0. That means the average scoreline against Turkey is 4-0 to England.

So why are we all so worried? Wooo-waaaah! Turkey gots themselves loads of points in our group!!!!11 So what? They managed to get the better of Leichtenstein, Macedonia and Slovakia. Bar a randomly awful performance at home against Macedonia, so did we, not like it's tough competition or anything.

Make no mistake, England are by far the strongest team in the group, with Turkey limping behind, but still far and away better than the rest of the pack. There is no reason to suspect that England should lose the game this weekend. So come on you lot, sing with me in anticipation of an average performance....

FOUR NIIIIIIIL
FOOOUURR NIIIIIIL
FOUUR NIIILLLL
FOUR NIILLLLLL!

etc ad infinitum
Sat 11/10/03 at 15:43
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I've had £2 on all these to win.

Spain to beat Armenia
Belgium to beat Estonia
Denmark to beat Bosnia
France to beat Israel
Germany to beat Iceland
Greece to beat N.Ireland
Holland to beat Moldova
Italy to beat Azerbaijan
Slovakia to beat Liechtenstein
Norway to beat Luxembourg
Russia to beat Georgia
Scotlaand to beat Lithuania
Sweden to beat Latvia
Wales to beat Serbia
Brighton to beat Grimsby
Swindon to beat Stockport
Darlington to beat Bristol Rovers
Hull to beat Carlisle
Swansea to beat Leyton Orient
Sat 11/10/03 at 15:36
Regular
I've put £10 on Turkey winning. Makes the game MUCH more interesting for me.
Sat 11/10/03 at 15:02
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Looks like it's going to be a draw then, which means England will qualify to the next round.

=D

I'm tempted to put a tenner on England winning at 2-1, but it's hard to tell what the result will be.
Sat 11/10/03 at 13:48
Regular
Foreman wrote:
> There is no way we are going to lose the match. The simple reason is
> that Collina is the ref.
> He is our lucky mascot and we have never lossed a game when he has
> been the ref. Beating Germany 5-1 and Argentina 1-0.

Turkey have also never lost a match with Colina in charge.
Sat 11/10/03 at 11:16
Regular
"champions"
turkey will win England,are a lot of overpaid spoiled kids.Whom would strike over 1 player.2-1 to turkey with Emre getting the goals.Good luck to Scotland.
Sat 11/10/03 at 10:34
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
England have the ability. But goats and camels are more popular with osama bin laden and co from what I've heard. :)

Note the use of no capital letters.
Fri 10/10/03 at 23:27
Regular
"PRO EVO MASTER"
ENGLAND WILL WIN!

turkey are a bunch of goat butt suckers.
Fri 10/10/03 at 10:23
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Well, it looks as if those prima-dona England players - who seem to think they're bigger than everyone else with the millions-of-pounds they earn every year - have all stopped talking rubbish and look set TO play against Turkey tommorow, after all - just like I always thought they would!

Talk of not playing just because of Rio Ferdinand was rubbish.
Okay, so perhaps he should be in the squad if he is still eligible for England, but it's not like we can't find "cover" for him in John Terry, and the threat of being kicked-out of the tournament altogether was just too much of a risk for them to take!

Honestly though, if Eriksson needs to add another defender to his squad with Rio out, why on Earth doesn't he call-up Gareth Souhtgate?
Southgate's been on good-form this season, and is rightfully deservant of a place in the England team. And yet, he can't seem to understand why he is never included anymore - no matter how well he plays!
(I loved the way he slagged-off Eriksson as England manager in his recent book, by the way. Great to see someone "with power" is awaking the rest of the country to how great "SVEN" really ISN'T! ;D)

But seriously, I don't see how we're even gonna stand a chance of winning this game, tommorow, with Michael Owen out.
I know we're not a 'one-man team', but if Eriksson is persistant in picking the likes of Heskey and Vassel over a real hard-working goal-scorer like Alan Smith, then we're really gonna be lacking in fire-power, upfront.

Tord Gripp has recently `SAID´ the 2 are looking at both Celtic's Alan Thompson and Chris Sutton, but really, with the form they're on and what we ALL know they are capable of, 'looking' just isn't good enough!

It'll be the same old squad, with the same old team (obviously, without Owen and Rio), but perhaps not the same old result of England narrowly-scraping victory after a poor-performance, thanks to Michael Owen or Beckham.

It's true what Southgate says: He is afraid to change things.
David James in goal? I don't think so, somehow!
An `INTERNATIONAL´ goalkeeper really needs to be playing in the top-flight. In comparison with the Premiership, Division 1 isn't even on a par with a bottom-of-the-table Relegation-scrap - just look at how many teams, in recent years, have won promotion by "miles"; only to come straight-back-down again, the very-next year!

And I'll say it once again: Sven-Goran Eriksson is nothing special. And I'll be glad to see the back of him, when we hit the play-offs (or worse)!
Thu 09/10/03 at 22:25
Regular
"rooooooooooooney"
If these two rules that England have kept to over their last 8 qualifiers are met on Saturday, then we should have no problem:

1) Score twice in every game:
2-2 vs. Greece, 2-1 vs. Slovakia, 2-2 vs. Macedonia, 2-0 vs. Lichenstein, 2-0 vs. Turkey, 2-1 vs. Slovakia, 2-1 vs. Macedonia and 2-0 vs. Lichenstein

2) Concede no more than 2 goals in every game.

The last time England conceded 3 or more goals in a competitive match was in......... anyone know? (penalty shootouts don't count! Damn you Germans!)

Don't even mention the Australia game - that was a friendly!
Thu 09/10/03 at 21:34
Regular
"rooooooooooooney"
ThisIsAFunnyName wrote:
> Second thoughts, England will boycott the match and it won't even
> happen.
>
> Sky will be laughing stock because they keep boasting: 'exclusively
> live on Sky Sports'.
>
> If this were to happen, UEFA said England would be completely OUT of
> Euro 2004. Not even the playoffs! Aaaaaahhhhh!!!!

Thank the LORD

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.