GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If this had been done in Afghanistan/Saudi/Iraq then they'd be EVIL FOREIGNERS"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/10/03 at 13:45
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/ sm_826939.html?menu=

However, as it's being done by the US, you can bet that we'll hear stuff like "They're only terrorists, they deserve it". Which I wouldn't mind, if those same people didn't then slither up the moral high ground concerning the multitude of ills in and concerning the western world...
Wed 08/10/03 at 13:45
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/ sm_826939.html?menu=

However, as it's being done by the US, you can bet that we'll hear stuff like "They're only terrorists, they deserve it". Which I wouldn't mind, if those same people didn't then slither up the moral high ground concerning the multitude of ills in and concerning the western world...
Wed 08/10/03 at 13:51
"The US military has tortured terrorist suspects held without charge at the Guantanamo Bay military prison, a lawyer representing some of the suspects claims."

Those final few words are key. They translate as "the below is to be taken with liberal dashings of salt".

Of course, on the slight chance that it is true, it's an attrocity without excuse, regardless of whatever history the US might have with terrorism.
Wed 08/10/03 at 14:04
Regular
I'd heard similar stuff about the kneeling thing before.

It's hard to know what really is true, what's been exaggerated, stuff like that.

But what we do know for certain, people being held without charge, in small confined cells for most hours of the day, seems like it should be sufficiently bad for something to be done anyway. But what?
These allegations, if accurate, can only inflame what are already intollerable living conditions.

Yet what will be done about it?
Wed 08/10/03 at 14:32
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Hasn't every enemy we've fought in the last 100 odd years been responsible for gruesome acts of torture and genocide?
Wed 08/10/03 at 14:35
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
Dr Duck wrote:
> But what we do know for certain, people being held without charge, in
> small confined cells for most hours of the day, seems like it should
> be sufficiently bad for something to be done anyway. But what?
> These allegations, if accurate, can only inflame what are already
> intollerable living conditions.

I saw a news report that went into the cells a few weeks ago. The cells are a lot nicer than those in most prisons.

Also, as a person that hates terrorists, i think that they should get little sympathy. After all, they are being fed enough to live, kept warn enough to survive, and went to Afganistan for the sole purpose of defending a terrorist group and evil regime, i.e. the Taliban.
Wed 08/10/03 at 14:36
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Skarra wrote:
After all, they are being fed enough to live, kept
> warn enough to survive, and went to Afganistan for the sole purpose
> of defending a terrorist group and evil regime, i.e. the Taliban.
---

Possibly.
They have not had any kind of trial whatsoever, still.
So it is impossibly to say at this juncture whether they are guilty or not.
Wed 08/10/03 at 15:41
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Just like when they put allied troops on TV. We did it too, but they did it first so it's alright.
Wed 08/10/03 at 15:53
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
Blank wrote:
> Just like when they put allied troops on TV. We did it too, but they
> did it first so it's alright.

I
Wed 08/10/03 at 15:56
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
Blank wrote:
> Just like when they put allied troops on TV. We did it too, but they
> did it first so it's alright.

I don't remember Fox News interviewing the terrified Iraqi prisoners. Or doing a close up on the faces of the Iraqi dead.

Sure, they were filmed, but not to the same low level as when the Iraqi and other Arab news groups showed the coalition dead in close ups of their faces and wounds.
Wed 08/10/03 at 16:07
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
What about us showing Uday and Qusay Hussein? Would it be okay if they showed close up shots of the likes of Jeb Bush, dead and bloodied?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.