GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ferdinand dropped from England squad."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/10/03 at 09:36
Regular
"thegodfather"
Rio Ferdinand has been dropped from the England squad for the Turkey game for failing to turn up for a random drug's test.
A genuine mistake or something deeper ?
Tue 07/10/03 at 09:36
Regular
"thegodfather"
Rio Ferdinand has been dropped from the England squad for the Turkey game for failing to turn up for a random drug's test.
A genuine mistake or something deeper ?
Tue 07/10/03 at 09:43
Well, it's "statements" and speculation atm, the squad won't be announced until 1pm today.

As for the comments re: something deeper, he did actually attend a drugs test 36 hours later.
Tue 07/10/03 at 09:56
Regular
"thegodfather"
Surely there must be a way around this if it's a real mistake, Rio's a top member of the team and will be needed in Turkey.
Any punishment could wait until after Saturday i.e., a fine or whatever.

The PFA are making an announcement on Ferdinand at 1 o'clock ?
Tue 07/10/03 at 10:30
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
He was moving house that day and rushed off after training and forgot all about the test, it was a genuine mistake and he shouldn't be punished for it.
Tue 07/10/03 at 13:03
Regular
He has been dropped.

And could face a 2 year ban :O
Tue 07/10/03 at 13:10
Regular
"360: swfcman"
The bloke who is the head of the PFA, Taylor is it? He was on sky ealier, and from what i heard, i think he said the 2 year ban is more aimed at the world of Athletics for people who use drugs for bettering there performance.
Tue 07/10/03 at 14:39
He also claimed that the FA are in breach of their own regulations, by firstly naming Rio and then forcing Sven to omit Ferdinand despite the fact that the player has not yet been found guilty of anything.

This is in breach of FIFA/UEFA law.
Tue 07/10/03 at 16:34
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Don or†ega wrote:

He has been dropped.

And could face a 2 year ban :O
---------------

I daresay Fergie had a swift word in Sven's ear about keeping him safe for Man Utd.

He'll be back playing next week ;)

=P
Tue 07/10/03 at 17:02
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
He probably will be; he only missed the test because he was moving house and wasn't properly informed. From what I've heard he'll probably get a ban and a fine.
Tue 07/10/03 at 19:38
Regular
"Baros!!!"
The FA are a disgrace and have made the wrong decision AGAIN.            

He has not even been charged yet, which means that the FA saying he is guilty before a charge is laid, let alone a hearing?                      

Okay, so Rio didn't attend the test. He is technically guilty and the FA should punish him for breaking the rules. We can all agree on that, but this is disgraceful.

Are the FA not even bothered if England lose there vital game against Turkey now?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.