GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The prime reason for the decline of civilization"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/10/03 at 13:50
Regular
"relocated"
Last night, as is my wont, I was listening to young person's radio station 1Xtra. At some point the tunes were interrupted by the 'news' and it was the single most moronic and patronising thing I've heard in my life. This is an actual quote:

"Earlier today Tony Blair got much love from his party when they decided to support him over Iraq. Loads of people thought Tony would get totally whooped in the vote but he won anyway..."

WHAAAAT? I think I know how they came up with this crap because it was almost identical to the Radio 1 bulletin: pasty faced journalist dumbs down the news as much as possible and then hands the script to a media student yoof who makes it more street by putting his baseball cap on backwards and:

Replacing the words 'much needed support' with 'much love'.
Replacing the words 'many political analysts' with 'loads of people'
Replacing the words 'soundly beaten' with 'whooped'.

I wonder how many people heard that and thought, "Well I was totally apathetic to politics before but, y'know, those guys are really talking my language and I might just go out and vote. For Tony!" None, perhaps? If the BBC are so desperate to give us the news the way actual people speak then why not refer to Tony Blair as a crackwhore and George Bush as a spack-faced chimp? That I would listen to.
Thu 02/10/03 at 17:51
"slightlyshortertagl"
LoL!!!!?????????!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????

*looks at Snuggly*
Thu 02/10/03 at 18:02
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Oh well, I guess I believe you........

See, those full stops added, like, a masssssive end to the sentence!!!!!..

(((((((Still not sure I'm convinced though))))))
Thu 02/10/03 at 18:27
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
*does stuff that isn't talking*
Thu 02/10/03 at 22:35
Regular
"not dead"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Actually, you're wrong!!!!! Funniness is proportionate to the amount
> of exclamation marks you use. Just like questions become more
> puzzling when you add more question marks on the end. See??????

I think he's mostly right!!!!1!

But isn't it the '1' that makes it more funny???
Thu 02/10/03 at 22:39
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> *does stuff that isn't talking*

*Becomes consumed with dirty thoughts*
Thu 02/10/03 at 22:49
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
unknown kernel wrote:
> On a more general note, why are attitudes like mine contributing to
> the decline of civilization? Because I described a spack-faced chimp
> as a spack-faced chimp? Thought so.

Oh handbags at ten paces eh ?

On another note it's quite funny seeing someone who is supposed to have worked with an NGO using the term 'Third World' , I mean, that's kinda a spack-faced chimp stupidity from someone claiming to know so much about the subject.

And your attitude ? It's the presumption that you somehow know the absolute truth and the solution, when all you have is your opinion like the rest of us, don't kid yourself it's anything more than that.
Thu 02/10/03 at 22:56
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I refute the notion that civilisation is on the decline. Do we really think that in yesteryear the world wasn't brimming-to-overflow with morons also?
Thu 02/10/03 at 23:04
Regular
"not dead"
Black Glove wrote:
> I refute the notion that civilisation is on the decline. Do we really
> think that in yesteryear the world wasn't brimming-to-overflow with
> morons also?

That's a good point. I guess as we've grown up the world has become smaller (the fact that some will think I mean literally kinda proves the point) and we can see just how stupid so many people are these days.

Had Big Brother have been around 20 years ago, I'm sure we would have seen monkeys picking insects from each others backs then too.
Thu 02/10/03 at 23:10
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Is it me, or did everyone totally miss the humour in this original post? It was a funny account of something he heard on the radio, which I found funny too. You have to admit, it's stupid. I don't think kernel really thinks 1Xtra is going to be the downfall of civilisation. Jesus.

Some of you lot are ridiculous, jumping in and going 'I don't see your solution to world issues' when all it was was a lighthearted post. You don't have to be Noam Chomsky to think that something is stupid.
Thu 02/10/03 at 23:17
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I had my funny bone surgically removed last week by masked doctors.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.