GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The prime reason for the decline of civilization"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/10/03 at 13:50
Regular
"relocated"
Last night, as is my wont, I was listening to young person's radio station 1Xtra. At some point the tunes were interrupted by the 'news' and it was the single most moronic and patronising thing I've heard in my life. This is an actual quote:

"Earlier today Tony Blair got much love from his party when they decided to support him over Iraq. Loads of people thought Tony would get totally whooped in the vote but he won anyway..."

WHAAAAT? I think I know how they came up with this crap because it was almost identical to the Radio 1 bulletin: pasty faced journalist dumbs down the news as much as possible and then hands the script to a media student yoof who makes it more street by putting his baseball cap on backwards and:

Replacing the words 'much needed support' with 'much love'.
Replacing the words 'many political analysts' with 'loads of people'
Replacing the words 'soundly beaten' with 'whooped'.

I wonder how many people heard that and thought, "Well I was totally apathetic to politics before but, y'know, those guys are really talking my language and I might just go out and vote. For Tony!" None, perhaps? If the BBC are so desperate to give us the news the way actual people speak then why not refer to Tony Blair as a crackwhore and George Bush as a spack-faced chimp? That I would listen to.
Sun 05/10/03 at 15:31
"slightlyshortertagl"
I seem to remember writing a reply to this, yet I can't see it posted here

*shrugs*

Anyway;

Surely it's better for the people who listen to 1Xtra to have SOME idea of what's happening than to have absolutely no idea and carry on with their lives not knowing who Tony Blair is?

It's when the BBC News starts like that you start to worry.
Sat 04/10/03 at 03:28
Regular
"relocated"
Belldandy wrote:
> On another note it's quite funny seeing someone who is supposed to
> have worked with an NGO using the term 'Third World' , I mean, that's
> kinda a spack-faced chimp stupidity from someone claiming to know so
> much about the subject.

I honestly have tried to leave this be, but I mean, jesus, you are taking the p*ss, or are working as some kind of glaswegian town centre clown. Right?
Sat 04/10/03 at 03:11
Regular
"relocated"
ne obviously being slang for me
Sat 04/10/03 at 03:10
Regular
"relocated"
I read this thread again and I'm trying not to absolutely pis myself, but it's just not possible. I'm in one of those where I've come home by myself but I'm not going out by myself tomorrow manana moods. Meh, I think I rule but I wait for B to tell ne otherwise.
Fri 03/10/03 at 12:51
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Belldandy wrote:
> On another note it's quite funny seeing someone who is supposed to
> have worked with an NGO using the term 'Third World' , I mean, that's
> kinda a spack-faced chimp stupidity from someone claiming to know so
> much about the subject.
>
> And your attitude ? It's the presumption that you somehow know the
> absolute truth and the solution, when all you have is your opinion
> like the rest of us, don't kid yourself it's anything more than that.

I normally don't go in for Belldandy bashing, but this post is pretty indefensible. Let the carnage begin!!!!~@:!@~£:!£~@:!1;1#
Fri 03/10/03 at 12:49
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Tony Blair should write a manifesto rap.
Fri 03/10/03 at 12:13
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Belldandy wrote:
> And your attitude ? It's the presumption that you somehow know the
> absolute truth and the solution, when all you have is your opinion
> like the rest of us, don't kid yourself it's anything more than that.
---

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*points at laughs at Captain Hypocrite*

Write that a thousand times on your hand, like a stupid Chris Martin before hiding under your stars and stripes blanket to whack off to Clancy pics.
Fri 03/10/03 at 12:06
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> *does stuff that isn't talking*

*Shudders*
Thu 02/10/03 at 23:58
Regular
"relocated"
Mr Snuggly is right. 1Xtra will not be responsible for the decline of civilization. It will be responsible for soundtracking the rebuilding of civilization with the grimey basslines of UK garage.

And Belldandy, you can't use the term spack-faced chimp unless you know what it means: and you don't.
Thu 02/10/03 at 23:32
"For the horde!!!!"
da Labour party iz da best innit

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.