GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New job"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/09/03 at 15:58
Regular
"cachoo"
I am noivous. Mainly because I don't know anything about this new job I've just applied for. It's.. different.

At the very beginning, which was 2 years ago I thought I wanted to work with computers. When I experienced it, it sucked. So now, on Friday I have an interview at the nearest 'home'. Working as a Care Support Worker with people who suffer from Dementia. Hm.

When I was 15, I wanted to be a 'phychiatrist'. And there's something inside me that still wants to do that. I like to care for people, strangers. I don't care, *really* don't care if it involves wiping their bums for them or getting them dressed. Which is what everybody around me moans about.

"Ewwwwwww! You'll have to wipe their bums!"

Prats! Big deal. Obviously I doubt that there'll be anybody here who's had the experience of wiping an OAP's bum seeing as most of you are young-uns and can't really work as a support worker til you're 18.
Or is there?

Anybody know the stress of working with people who suffer from dementia? Or anyone in your family? I would like to more than what I already know about it.
Tue 30/09/03 at 16:41
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Not the sort of job that i would do. But good luck all the same.
Tue 30/09/03 at 16:43
Regular
"Light of the world"
Ms NY wrote:
> If you really wanna do it, get into it!
>
> I will be gaining an NVQ Level 2 out of this and I'm sure there's
> plenty of places near you that might do that. So it's an extra bonus.

At mo i on my second year of A levels so I wouln't do it for the nvq.. maybe as a job and experience. Hmm something to think about!

I not sure what I want to do when I leave school. I not going uni bah! Want to see how well i can do getting a job first.
Tue 30/09/03 at 18:25
Regular
Wow.. heh, well, good luck Ms NY.
Tue 30/09/03 at 18:27
Regular
"Teal'c"
Wipe my bum.
Tue 30/09/03 at 18:31
Regular
"cachoo"
NASH wrote:
> Wipe my bum.

You biatch.

Thanks Grix. And cookie monster. Much appreciated!
Tue 30/09/03 at 18:37
Regular
"Teal'c"
Oh, OH, so its different for me eh NY?
Tue 30/09/03 at 18:49
Regular
"cachoo"
Um.. no not really. I haven't started it yet. But I doubt I'll wipe your bum :D
Tue 30/09/03 at 18:55
Regular
"Not a Jew"
My mother cares for an elderly couple in their home, both of whom are 90+ in years. They don't have dementia, although the woman has had a stroke. It is very tiring and gruelling work.
Tue 30/09/03 at 20:13
"slightlyshortertagl"
*claps*

Good luck.
Tue 30/09/03 at 20:37
Regular
"\\"
I couldn't stand doing this job. Too tiring and too much effort.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.