GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh dear"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/09/03 at 13:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
http://www.apple.com/trailers/ universal/the_rundown/large.html

Stifler & The Rock.

It made me laugh in a couple of places, I'm ashamed to admit.
Stifler "You can take them, they're little people"
And fighting a baboon, upside down.
And Christopher Walken in the jungle.

A DVD rental.
Thu 02/10/03 at 12:23
Regular
But his Underworld review was right. This worries me.

Fat Geek Knowles and his crew of "Moriarity" and "Quint" and the rest of his retardoids have annoyed me for ages. But the one that annoys me the most is Hercules, and I hate him for a geek reason. He doesn't have a clue about Buffy or Angel, yet continues to report on them. Tart.

Dark Horizons is the best around at the moment. Upcomingmovies used to be, but it's gone downhill recently. Shame.

And on the Kill Bill argument, I have no idea what exploitation or grindhouse or Sonny Chiba is/are. I've seen a few Shaw Bros movies, but only at a mates house or at random times on TV. Badly dubbed, eye zooms and evil bearded white guys amuse me. I just like what I've seen and read. But doubtful about the anime. And I really like the scene with the guy on the sword, from what I've read. Because he's old and nimble and white bearded and his eyes are probably meant to be zoomed at.
Thu 02/10/03 at 10:41
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
My god, why are his reviews so full or irrelevent rambling?

The introduction spans about 5 paragraphs for gods sake.
Thu 02/10/03 at 10:24
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
cookie monster wrote:
> Then read his fellowship of the ring review, its a beautifully
> narrated piece of prose about why New Line Cinema shouldnt be
> screening the film at some cinema in texas because its too run down
> and shabby.
---

Then read Blade 2 again, and Finding Nemo.
Knowles loves New Line because they paid for him to go to the set. They didn't do that after Two Towers, and there has been zero reporting on Return of The King.

He's a fatman with a price.
Thu 02/10/03 at 10:23
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Blank wrote:
> I still have no idea who that is.

Jim Kelly?
One of the greatest legends in 70s blaxploitation/grindhouse/kung-fu movies.
Was in Enter The Dragon, Black Belt Jones, Freeze Bomb and a whole bunch of other movies.

The sorts of movies that Kill Bill is referencing left, right and centre.
Which is what I was saying about most people are going to watch Kill Bill and not get a lot of the nods to these sorts of films with The Crazy 88's, Carradine playing the flute at a campfire, even the tune Darryl Hannah is whistling as she walks down the corridor in the hospital (Bernard Hermann's "Twisted Nerve" music, a film about a psycho in a bedsit with a deranged monogoloid brother).

If you love these movies, it's a treat served up just for you from Tarantino. If you're not a fan, don't know who Jim Kelly is etc, then you'll just watch "the 4th film from Quentin Tarantino" and probably moan about Thurman being dressed like Bruce Lee - yet nobody I've read complaints from is criticising The Crazy 88's for being The Green Hornet.

2 completely seperate levels operating for Kill Bill - the casual movie goer and the more geeky fan of B-movies.
I'm proud to admit I love those films, and the thought of seeing Sonny Chiba with a Hattori Hanzo sword fills me with happy joy.
Thu 02/10/03 at 10:14
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Then read his fellowship of the ring review, its a beautifully narrated piece of prose about why New Line Cinema shouldnt be screening the film at some cinema in texas because its too run down and shabby.
Thu 02/10/03 at 10:10
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Aint-It-Cool is run by an enormous ginger geek that wanted werewolves in Matrix Reloaded, praises any film he gets invited to the sets of "Kill Bill" "Lord of The Rings" "Hellboy" and is mates with Robert Rodriguez, Guillermo Del Toro & Tarantino - so their movies automatically get glowing reviews.

There are zero scoops or inside info on that site anymore, it jumped the shark about 2 years ago.

comingsoon.net & darkhorizons are much much better, and don't have badly written odes to bloated movies on them.
And go find his Blade 2 review for the most stomach churning attempt at fanboy love ever
Thu 02/10/03 at 10:04
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I still have no idea who that is.

I always thought that Ain't It Cool place was done by a teenager, but then again I've never actually been to the website. And I'm saying "but then again" far too often recently.
Thu 02/10/03 at 09:57
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yes.
The one on the left is Jim Kelly, aka Black Belt Jones.
Thu 02/10/03 at 09:56
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Is it the one on the right?
Thu 02/10/03 at 09:46
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
RM18 wrote:
> I find his films to be ok, but nothing visionary. Have you read Harry
> Knowles' review at AICN? Sucking up or what...
--

Yes but look at the man who's review you are taking as anything:
http://www.aint-it-cool.com/image/alamo-jk2.jpg
He admits to crying at Armageddeon

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.