GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DS Game Prices"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/05/05 at 19:37
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Is it just me or does £30 seem too steep for DS games? I was in Gamestation today and feeling tempted to buy Pac Pix, or whatever it's called, but was completely put off due to it being £30. Most DS games just don't seem to contain the longetivity to make them worth £30 a piece. I'm thinking this will reseult in me buying the killer apps and waiting for any ones that half interest me, like Pac Pix, until they're on the cheap. And by that time I may have lost interest completely.

Does anyone else agree?
Sun 29/05/05 at 19:37
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Is it just me or does £30 seem too steep for DS games? I was in Gamestation today and feeling tempted to buy Pac Pix, or whatever it's called, but was completely put off due to it being £30. Most DS games just don't seem to contain the longetivity to make them worth £30 a piece. I'm thinking this will reseult in me buying the killer apps and waiting for any ones that half interest me, like Pac Pix, until they're on the cheap. And by that time I may have lost interest completely.

Does anyone else agree?
Sun 29/05/05 at 19:39
Regular
"0228"
I still only have Mario 64 on my DS. I need money (or a GAD).
Sun 29/05/05 at 20:34
Regular
"Remember me?"
I've been buying all my DS games for like £17 from a website I actually can't remember the name of because I've had a few pints too many...
Sun 29/05/05 at 21:04
Regular
"Shizzel happens"
order em from canadian websites would be my thoughts. free shipping ones ofcourse =) they take a while to arrive, but u can order them before they are released over here and they r cheaper
Sun 29/05/05 at 21:10
Regular
"Pwned"
Ashman wrote:
> Does anyone else agree?

Absolutly.
Sun 29/05/05 at 22:17
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Especially as the magazines were claiming they were going to be £15 as production costs were supposed to be low.
Sun 29/05/05 at 22:19
Regular
considering there arnt many worth getting, i dont mind spending 30 quid, but if and when there are a lot more games, especially round holiday time, i would hope the price is lowerd.
Sun 29/05/05 at 22:54
Regular
"Pwned"
JC941* wrote:
> Especially as the magazines were claiming they were going to be
> £15 as production costs were supposed to be low.

Yep, infact one magazine predicts Revolution games to retail at around £50. You do the maths!
Sun 29/05/05 at 23:20
Regular
"thursdayton!"
DarkFS wrote:
> Yep, infact one magazine predicts Revolution games to retail at
> around £50. You do the maths!

That's just a ludicrous guess.

Back on topic, yes DS games are very over-priced. It's why I still haven't got Yosi and Pac-Pix, despite wanting them both. I simply don't have 30 quid to spend on a game that'll last me all of five hours. I barely have 30 quid at all right now.

Now, if they were half that price, I'd probably have both. Lower the damn prices, Ninty.
Sun 29/05/05 at 23:29
Regular
It is stupid. Either put more development time into the gamesor release on budget, Polarium stylee.

It's a shame, because Yoshi is an amazing game, but for £30 completely overpriced. Pac-Pix, another great looking game, may well be overlooked by myself because of the price. I just hope Kirby isn't another annoyingly short title, as it looks to be the best thing Nintendo have come up with yet on the DS.

+ omg i wnt Nintendogs!!1111

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.