GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can anyone say 'waste of two licences'?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/09/03 at 22:55
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Aliens Vs Predator.

A film that should never happen.

Granted, it could be quite cool.

But it won't be. Because it's being directed by Paul 'not the good one' Anderson, the man behind the Resident Evil and Mortal Kombat 'movies'.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=1712

Not only will it suck and blow in immeasurable quantities, but it's going to star Bishop... but not as Bishop. Lance Henriksen will be in it, but as a 'billionaire industrialist' on a trip to the Arctic who discovers 'two alien races engaged in the ultimate battle'.

*slow clap*

Nice one assmunch - you take two super-cool movie aliens and mash them into a dumbed down Thing ripoff, then you hire an actor who's already played a part in an Alien movie, but you have him play someone else instead. Why not hire Sigourney Weaver, to play the woman he loves? And Ian Holm as the comedy sidekick. Gah.

I have totally lost faith in comic book-style movies after the car crash that was Underworld. Don't bother getting excited, it's going to be crapola.
Mon 29/09/03 at 22:55
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Aliens Vs Predator.

A film that should never happen.

Granted, it could be quite cool.

But it won't be. Because it's being directed by Paul 'not the good one' Anderson, the man behind the Resident Evil and Mortal Kombat 'movies'.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=1712

Not only will it suck and blow in immeasurable quantities, but it's going to star Bishop... but not as Bishop. Lance Henriksen will be in it, but as a 'billionaire industrialist' on a trip to the Arctic who discovers 'two alien races engaged in the ultimate battle'.

*slow clap*

Nice one assmunch - you take two super-cool movie aliens and mash them into a dumbed down Thing ripoff, then you hire an actor who's already played a part in an Alien movie, but you have him play someone else instead. Why not hire Sigourney Weaver, to play the woman he loves? And Ian Holm as the comedy sidekick. Gah.

I have totally lost faith in comic book-style movies after the car crash that was Underworld. Don't bother getting excited, it's going to be crapola.
Mon 29/09/03 at 23:34
Regular
"not dead"
Waste of two licences.

Not only did I write it, I said it out loud too.

What do I win?

This will probably suck.

I can see slow-mo, CGI alien blood dripping.

I can hear the techno beat they will fight to.

I can taste it, so bitter like ashes in my mouth.

I can smell it, but I'm not that crude that I'll explain it...

So... holding out your homes for the live action Transformers movie then..?

Just close your eyes, and pretend it's not happening.
Tue 30/09/03 at 09:19
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Mr Snuggly wrote:

> Not only will it suck and blow in immeasurable quantities, but it's
> going to star Bishop... but not as Bishop. Lance Henriksen will be
> in it, but as a 'billionaire industrialist' on a trip to the Arctic
> who discovers 'two alien races engaged in the ultimate battle'.

Maybe he'll be an android billionaire industrialist? I'd like the bloke (Toro?) who directed Blade 2 to direct the film. It'd be a damn sight better than Anderson, Mr Anderson, you've made another dross film again.
Tue 30/09/03 at 09:21
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Who hires him for these gigs?
Mind you, who in their right mind pays money to see "Mortal Kombat" movies?
Resident Evil? Never seen it, never will.

"Hey, you're a middling director of no discernible stylistic merits, wanna do Alien Vs Predator?!?!"
"Er...I like nu-metal soundtracks"
"Sure, no problem"

Meanwhile, George Romero languishes in development hell trying to fund his new zombie movie.
There is no justice
Tue 30/09/03 at 09:29
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
This movie *could* have been amazing.
If the project were to have happened about ten years ago, with Arnie's character from Predator being brought back and a decent director taking control of the movie. Imagine Arnie in his prime action hero form fighting Aliens and Predators with loads of huge guns.

*Goes off to dream about the amazing movie that never was*
Tue 30/09/03 at 09:53
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Goatboy wrote:

> Meanwhile, George Romero languishes in development hell trying to
> fund his new zombie movie.
> There is no justice

Truly.

*Imagines Romero with a decent budget to make a zombie film*.

*Salivates onto keyboard*.

I pray to the God of movies to let me win some money; a triple roll over would be nice.
Tue 30/09/03 at 09:57
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
But has Romero got what it takes to make a new decent movie?
Apart from the notable Dead Trilogy and a couple of others, he hasn't done much over the last two or three decades.
Tue 30/09/03 at 10:08
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Talent.
Tue 30/09/03 at 10:28
Regular
The sagacious one wrote:

I'd like the
> bloke (Toro?) who directed Blade 2 to direct the film.

--

Guilliame Del Toro. He's too busy shooting Hellboy with angry Ron Perlman at the moment. Which should be a class movie.

Anyone seen the Stella advert with angry Perlman in it? He's pretty angry.
Tue 30/09/03 at 18:47
Regular
"That's right!"
Goatboy wrote:
> Meanwhile, George Romero languishes in development hell trying to
> fund his new zombie movie.

--------

John Carpenter offered him about $20 million, as did one of the big producer companies (Fox maybe? Can't remember)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.