GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"IGN's attack on E3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 31/05/05 at 01:35
Regular
It is difficult to say that Nintendo had a good E3. Granted it isn't the end of the world. Hard to believe I know. But all major consoles had a rough time of it.

IGN stated that Sony "pretended" to have titles, even though there was nothing more than FMV and a title. In fact most of the time nothing more than the brief FMV shot of Samus at the Revolution unveilment.

But IGN's major worry was with the X-box 360. A console due out in 6 months had exactly 0 playable titles. Even the normal X-box had a disasterious turn out. At least Revolution is a way off yet. Granted Microsoft showed running demos, but from fear of a bad press microsoft only let celebs play the games. Because these celebs were paid to like it.

It looks like E3 was nothing special for any console, almost totally concentrating on hardware and the look of the system itself. Granted Nintendo showed the least without any demos. But Sony didn't show anything in game and Microsoft didn't show anything playable.

And they are the first 2 consoles for the next round.
Thu 02/06/05 at 14:36
Regular
"8==="
No.

Supersticky-thing + divebomb onto 500 points marker. :)
Thu 02/06/05 at 14:19
Regular
I hope that wasn't a 15-round score...
Thu 02/06/05 at 14:12
Regular
"8==="
Monkey Target was genius.

I remember me and Vex were happy to break 500-600 then it went to 1000 then 2000 and finally I think I managed 2800-3000 points but I can't remember exactly.
Thu 02/06/05 at 14:04
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Played through Smash Bros the other day, remembered exactly why I loved it so much two years ago or whenever. Three now when the Cube was launched?

Almost got every statue :(
Thu 02/06/05 at 13:49
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Monkey Target was great, and makes you wonder why they skipped a generation without a Pilotwings game. Let's hope its a revolution launch game and that it doesn't have Mario in it.
Thu 02/06/05 at 13:44
Regular
"8==="
Online it should be good.

I found Super Monkey Ball was better because it had a lot more games in it (bored of Monkey Target? Let's do some crazy golf etc). SSBM is really 1 game with a lot of modes and options and that gets boring quickly considering how they approached it.

Certainly no Goldeneye.
Thu 02/06/05 at 13:21
Regular
"tokyo police club"
About once a year a go back to it and rediscover it's genius. Every summer, actually. I'm hoping this summer will be the same.

I just wish there was some sort of progression other than unlocking folk.
Thu 02/06/05 at 12:50
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I never really got into it. I enjoy the multiplayer and the single player is ok, but I always find myself wanting to play something else.
Thu 02/06/05 at 12:49
"period drama"
And that's a fact.
One of the best muliplayer games ever made, and equally amazing in single.
Thu 02/06/05 at 12:41
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Smash Bros Melee is easily one of the 'cubes best titles. You MUST have it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.