GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whats the difference between David Blaine and Spurs?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/09/03 at 21:55
Regular
There both boring to watch, everybody hates them and there sh*t in the box!

Seriously though I am a spurs fan and to be hones**t i have no idea whats happening.

Everyone is like "oh we need a new manager, hodds doing cr*p. To be fair I think they need new directors.

How many directors say "oh lets give our manager £12 million to spend and then if things do not go to plan, sack him? No one

Hodd should either have been sacked at the end of las**t season saving cash for the new man or giving at leas**t until chris**tmas to turn it round.

Pleaty did a good job midweek but would be a poor decision to take over full time.

I'd love teddy back as player coach but its too early.

O'Neil and Souness would be fantas**tic but would never leave there clubs yet.

Toppmoeller has to be the one, particualy after leerkusen. Or what about del bosque?

Any spurs fans want to throw names into the hat? or rant at how bad spurs have played recently etc?
Mon 29/09/03 at 10:56
Regular
"Long time no see!"
...And barely a single month into the new season - that's just rediculous!

It didn't help Sunderland with Peter Reid's sacking last season, so who's to say it will 'definitley' help Spurs?

And this is Glenn HODDLE we're talking about... NOT Glenn Roeder!
Mon 29/09/03 at 10:54
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Despite what many others may think, I still think Glenn Hoddle should've been given more time for imporovements, at White Hart Lane.

He was given a rather "limited" transfer-budget to spend on new faces during the Summer, but with players like Freddie Kanouté, Bobby Zamora and Helder Postiga having signed for the club - aswell as Stephane Dalmat on-loan - it looks like money that's been very-well-spent, if you ask me.

But, just like when any player signs for a new club, they almost-always need time to 'settle-in' and adjust to their new surroundings - especially foreigners. Kanouté seems to have done this very well (given his previous Premiership experience with West Ham), but the others who have moved-up the divisions, or come-in from abroad, still don't appear to be "ready".

And with one-or-two big-name players to have only recently returned from injury, Spurs have had reason as to why they have not been at their best.

Hoddle was sacked at the wrong time.
With his departure came the return to full-fitness of people like Robbie Keane - and just look at how well he and Kanouté linked-up against Coventry! Just as things were getting better for Spurs, they also got worse.

It could still be some-time before a new, full-time manager is appointed to succeed Glenn Hoddle - especially if the board really believe they CAN tempt Martin O'Neill away from everything he has up in Scotland...!
And anyway who knows `Football´ will tell you that David Pleat is NOT the man to be turning the fortunes of a Premier League club right-around - he couldn't even do it with Sheffield Wednesday (a now-Second Division team), for Christ's sake!! Hoddle could've done things with such a "promising" strike-partnership...

And that was probably all he was trying to achieve with his Summer-spending... Typical - he doesn't even get to use it!
Mon 29/09/03 at 10:39
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Left back, left back in the dressing room.
Mon 29/09/03 at 07:51
Regular
"thegodfather"
What position does " Ptoential" play ?
Sun 28/09/03 at 22:18
Regular
"Colourless"
Alec wrote:
> Yaha we have the ptoential. So you saying chelski isn't a big team??

I knew you would say that. I wrote an answer to that quesiton at the time. But I can't remember it.
Sun 28/09/03 at 16:37
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Potential yes, infrastructure no.
Sun 28/09/03 at 11:51
Regular
"It's been a while.."
Yaha we have the ptoential. So you saying chelski isn't a big team??
Sun 28/09/03 at 00:44
Regular
"Colourless"
Alec wrote:
> potential

I think this word pretty much sums spurs up. They have ptoential, but no manager as yet, has been able to get the best out of their players.

Hmm... mabizela? has he played yet? Dalmat didn't really look anything special. Neither did Zamora. Kanoute looked sharp and skillful but i'd like to see him scoring regularly against top teams before I judge him. Keane's quality, but Gus is not what he used to be when he was at Chelsea.

I hope Vialli doesnt go to Spurs, as then I may have to dislike him.
Sat 27/09/03 at 23:38
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
Shouldn't that be " What do David Blaine and Tottenham have in common"?
Sat 27/09/03 at 22:31
Regular
"It's been a while.."
I think the players we have signed are top clas..

Dalmat - Shown he has great strengh and skill

Mabiezla - He is a good, but inexperienced, defender

Konchesky - Hasn't been given a chance, has potential if bought for good.

Zamora - Needs a goal to get going, once he's got one he won't stop

Postiga - Same as above. However i am afraid he will be played like Rebrov, kinda as a reserve to the rest which is not a good thing. He is top class and deserves to play much more than he is.

Kanoute - 6 goals in 7 games says it all. He's good in the air, strong etc. top class worth every penny.

So yeah a great strike force. I would like to see Kanoute and Keane up front with zamora/postiga just behind them, prefarably postiga.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.