GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hi my names Smithy and I'm a gambler - help!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/09/03 at 21:34
Regular
Right ok so maybe I'm not a hardcore gambler yet!

See my grandad comes up to me today and goes "oh i lost £20 down the bookies today"

Before that my mates like "oh I lost £15 down the bookies today"

And i've only lost a tenner in 4 days. Ok a tenner, not much, maybe buy a cd or a takeaway or a new shirt or something.

But see I'm getting carried away and recently the old fruit machines are becoming tempting even though there a rip-off.

I'm not a proper gambler but I'm worried I might become one.

How do i stop?

Cheers
Sun 28/09/03 at 13:19
Regular
"It's been a while.."
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Insult the shop owner and urinate through his letter box.
>
> He won't let you in anymore.

That reminds me of a joke, but i shall spare you all...
Sun 28/09/03 at 12:31
Regular
"Me+Live= Sore Fists"
Whitestripes DX said:

Insult the shop owner and urinate through his letter box.

He won't let you in anymore.

That sounds like a good idea.
Its just like giving up smoking, go from ten a day, to eight a day, to six, then four, and so on.
Sun 28/09/03 at 12:23
Regular
Insult the shop owner and urinate through his letter box.

He won't let you in anymore.
Sun 28/09/03 at 12:03
Regular
"It's been a while.."
Um....yeah it'd have to be a good friend.
Sun 28/09/03 at 12:01
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Yes but like you said earlier "you CANT go" which means that you'd have to plait your legs and hope a mate would get your beer for you.
Sun 28/09/03 at 11:59
Regular
"It's been a while.."
Yeah great plan. Or you could just handcuff yourself to the radiator.
Sun 28/09/03 at 11:50
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Get yourself an expensive morgage, a credit card and a loan - it helped me stop :)
Sat 27/09/03 at 21:59
Regular
"It's been a while.."
Just have to show self control and not let yourself gamble. There is no cure you just have tro stop yourself. Tying yourself to a radiator is an idea as it means you CANT go. What i mean is dont let yourself go.

I know i rambled but im really tired. Sorry for my 'rambling'.
Sat 27/09/03 at 21:51
Regular
Dude it is an addiction not just something people do.

Try and limit yourself to what you spend. If you fancy a gamble give yourself £5 to spend and only go once or twice a week to 'that corner of the pub' where the money-stealing machines are.

In my local they have a cashmachine right next to the fruit machines; I reckon this is pretty wrong!
Sat 27/09/03 at 21:50
"For the horde!!!!"
got any red hot tips at the bookies?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.