GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WoW Patch 3.2 Notes"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Fri 19/06/09 at 15:27
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
A few players on these forums still so these might be of interest to some. I have put this within a spoiler tag to save scrolling time as it's fairly hefty!

Show Spoiler
Fri 19/06/09 at 15:27
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
A few players on these forums still so these might be of interest to some. I have put this within a spoiler tag to save scrolling time as it's fairly hefty!

Show Spoiler
Fri 19/06/09 at 16:53
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Tremendous.

Although I have to question why the patches after Wrath have been so drastic. Seems like Blizzard are slowly losing control of the changes.

Look at TBC, only minor patches at best. And that worked.
Thu 09/07/09 at 09:31
Regular
"Mooching around"
So close to a near perfect patch IMO, and they go and absolutely ruin it with a few of their "small" changes.

The emblem change, for one thing. Awful. Pointless. And a bit of a slap in the face to raiding community.

The mount change, yeah, I understand levelling sucks and is so slow, but I miss the sense of achievement you got at 60 when you could get your epic mount. At level 40, it just seems... wasted, to me.

The new tier sets look very lacklustre, and to top it off, they're all so similar it's shameful. All the plate sets are exactly the same, bar a recolouring.

To be honest, it makes me think they're trying to ween people off WoW in preparation of their new MMO, whenever that arrives.
Thu 09/07/09 at 10:14
Regular
Warhunt wrote:
> Tremendous.

Splendid, in fact.

I have no problems with this patch, I don't raid or do HCs yet. I've only just started staggering through Northrend on my Shammy, which is now officially my main character :) so I'm looking forward to the shammy changes, 7% increased health? or did I read that wrong?

Edit: In fact, the Shammy changes are nothing but good. Looking forward to it.

Also, I've read a few bits here and there that Blizzard are starting a new MMORPG, and that it signals the slow death of WoW. Anyone know any more about this?
Thu 09/07/09 at 13:15
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
No one knows more about it yet. That's Blizzards way isn't it?

However they have released that they will be launching another MMORPG but the strongest rumours indicate that this will be a console based MMORPG (think FF11 on Xbox360).

This is probably the case, as WOW makes in excess of millions (per year) so I can not see why they would try and compete with themselves.
Thu 09/07/09 at 14:24
Regular
Warhunt wrote:
> This is probably the case, as WOW makes in excess of millions
> (per year)

More like millions per day.
Thu 09/07/09 at 15:11
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
10 million players. For arguments sake say only half of these are active subscriptions.

Let's take the £25.17 for 3 month subscription to be the average (monthly and game cards are more expensive and I'm sure these methods are more likely but hell......)

5000000 x £25.17 = £125,850,000 per quarter

125,850,000 /3 = £41,950,000 per month

(364.25 days in a year /12 = 30.4375 so 30.5 days in a month)

41950000 /30.5 = 1,375,409.84

So yeah £1,375,409.84 per day. Roughly :S
Thu 09/07/09 at 15:21
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
After discussing it appears they may actually claim 8 million users, so yeah...... my figures are actually low end guesswork.

It excludes advertising, and all other income. And is obviously only revenue.
Thu 09/07/09 at 16:42
Regular
Ok... someone needs a pint.
Thu 09/07/09 at 16:49
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
McLong wrote:
> Ok... someone needs a pint.

Yeah me!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.