GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Get these Hooligans out of our Game"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/09/03 at 22:09
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
So Arsenal managed to prove yet again what a bunch of hooligans they really are.

How despicable were the scenes at the end of the game, I know if someone did actions like that in my face then I would have floored them but and credit to him Ruud did the smart thing by walking away.

I think for that kind of behaviour Arsenal should receive a hefty fine and hopefully even some points docked from them.

Their disciplinary record is already somewhat poor and it's time the FA got up from their backsides and do something about this because if they let Arsenal get away with this, how does it stop anyone else from doing the same?

What kind of example do these idiots think they are setting to youngster's who are the stars of the future?

Ban them to hell I say.

------------

Oh and Sniper if your gonna post your view then I wanna hear some decent views not your pathetic "Ruud is a Fool", "United are Cheats" because I sick of your BS.
Mon 22/09/03 at 16:07
Regular
"Long time no see!"
The FA will no-doubt look into this, but I'd be surprised to see them do anything more than to give the club a measly £5,000-fine, or something else just-as-helpless, like they usually do whenever something goes wrong in Football.

I really don't know what frustrated me most about the match though...

van Nistelrooy hitting the crossbar...
The fact that we didn't even score...
How much better we SHOULD've performed...
Arsénal (in general)....

But it was probably the post-match comments of both Wenker and Patrick Vieria that really did it for me!

It's rediculous! Who is he to point the finger at Ruud van Nistelrooy after all we've seen of Robert Pires in recent years - it's not like he can try and draw all the attention away from his team if his voice is the only one making the cry!

And it's not even like Ruud even did anything wrong anyway.
He certainly DIDN'T dive under Keown's challenge - just look at the ugly, old defender's lack-of-reaction.
And I don't see how you can call challenging for a header with determination "cheating" anyway...! He did NOTHING wrong!!
Yes, he did, sort of, fall on Vieria afterwards; but he's only human, and gravity pulls you straight-down. He's not a bird. He couldn't just... fly-away and avoid the "collision" (if even you can call it that!).

It's like what one ex-footballer (Frank Stapleton, I think?) said on SkySports News earlier today:
`Football needs to change. We need to bring back the 'honesty' that appears to have dissapeared from the game. People like Arséne Wenger cannot keep 'running-away' and "not seeing things" forever!´

And here comes my own personaly quote-of-the-week:
``You couldn't have forced anymore sh't out of Arsé'ole Wenker's mouth even if you had his stomch pumped!!´´

And I really think we should've played better.
Mon 22/09/03 at 16:25
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
What is the point of hooliganism?

Answer: There is none.

Simple as that.
Tue 23/09/03 at 16:15
Regular
Football : a war without weapons

The whole team should be locked up.

Wenger should be forced to remove his patened "miss al ze bad things my players do" specs.

And they should be kicked out of the premiership and be forced to play in the scotish league.

;)

The uproar caused by this might not be the same as Cantona kung-fu kicking a fan, but its right up there.

I will personally go down the FA's office and kick all thier ass' if arsenal get away with some petty fine.
Tue 23/09/03 at 18:01
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
The only way you can deter the larger clubs is with massive fines, in the region of £500,000 to £5m seeing the amount of money involved nowadays. That would be the ultimate deterrant, apart from having points deducted. Which is just mean.
Tue 23/09/03 at 18:12
Regular
"thegodfather"
Parlour ran up and threw a punch at Van Nistelroy after the match as well which seems to have been largely overlooked, hopefully the F.A will take note and act on this and many other incidents.
Sat 27/09/03 at 13:36
Regular
Absolu† Neó wrote:
> So Arsenal managed to prove yet again what a bunch of hooligans they
> really are.

Yet again?

credit to him Ruud did the smart thing by walking away.
>
Yeah like he had any other choice

>
> Their disciplinary record is already somewhat poor and it's time the
> FA got up from their backsides and do something about this because if
> they let Arsenal get away with this, how does it stop anyone else
> from doing the same?

And if the boot was on the other foot you wouldnt be saying exactly the same would you? Lets get real here. Nobody was hurt. It was a passionate game. We've all seen worse than this before. It's something called and over-reaction, funny thing it is.
>
> What kind of example do these idiots think they are setting to
> youngster's who are the stars of the future?

Hah, what a load of rubbish, yeah watch out for saturdays under 11 games for centre backs doing a Martin Keown and 10 year old centre midfielders getting a bit lairy. Come on, lets be realistic.

And no im not an Arsenal fan. I happen to despise premiership football. I'll stick to my own.
Sat 27/09/03 at 17:47
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
"I wouldnt be saying exactly the same if it was on the other foot?"

Tell me something, you actually know me *that* well to make some kind of assumption about me?

I am a football fan and the last thing I want to see is footballers acting like idiots on a football field. As a result 8 players have been charged so I think its a little bit more than "it was a passionate game things like this happen" You think Lauren holding P.Neville by the throat is 'part and parcel of a football match' do you?

> And no im not an Arsenal fan. I happen to despise premiership
> football. I'll stick to my own.

Don't worry, by your remarks i'd be surprised if you have any intelligence in you at all.
Sat 27/09/03 at 17:52
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Absolu† Neó wrote:

Don't worry, by your remarks i'd be surprised if you have any intelligence in you at all.
-------------

If he's got as less intelligence as you think he has, then he's probably a Man Utd fan.

=P
Sat 27/09/03 at 17:59
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Non-existant wrote:
>I happen to despise premiership football. I'll stick to my own.

>Virtuoso

>he's probably a Man Utd fan.

----------

Scouse Intelligence Rules!!1 :)
Sat 27/09/03 at 18:05
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
=D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.