GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does anybody have....."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/06/09 at 18:34
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Does anybody have any constructive comments about the navigation, presentation and general user-friendliness of Chat, Cheats, Walkthroughs & Tips, now that the "final" changes have been implemented (well nearly)?

Please note that the Technical forum should emerge (i.e. become visible) within the Freeola Support section at some future time, and there is about to be a bigger push towards Win Free Games which might include weekly challenges.
Thu 18/06/09 at 16:20
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Hmmm... wrote:
> I can't keep up :¬P

I have two answers and some additional pause for thought in order to confuse the matter further:

1. The Customer Site of the Week used to be part of the Gaming and Design Awards. i.e. we used to allocate a £30 voucher. Now that they are no longer Gaming and Design Awards, the Customer Site of the Week is no longer part of it and only receives publicity for their site instead (not a Free Game or a Gaming Award). It is therefore technically correct of me to say "no longer part of the Gaming Awards"

2. A quick Google search for "site:freeola.com gaming awards" reveals 61 results. So the term "gaming award" is still current within the site. Personally I think if you say to people "You can win a gaming award" that's a little meek in comparison to "Win ANY game of your choice absolutely free, even the latest top games for PS3, X-Box 360 or Wii" Therefore, you will see less mention of the timid "Gaming Awards" and more mentions of "Win Any Game Free".

Of course those people who don't want to choose a free game can still have a £30 Amazon Voucher. These cost us the same as a £34.50 game because the VAT works to Amazon's favour not ours. It is in fact £3.91 cheaper for us to issue Argos vouchers.

There - clear as mud!
Thu 18/06/09 at 15:09
"Are you sure?"
Tony wrote:
> ...is not longer part of the Gaming Awards.

I'm sure I've just read a post where you said this is now called Free Games

Anyway, officially they are now "Free Games".

I can't keep up :¬P

Search Freeola Chat
Thu 18/06/09 at 13:56
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Hmmm... wrote:
> I notice the only way to get to
> Customer Sites
> now seems to be from freeola.com.
>
> I can't see a link from getdotted which would also seem
> natural?

Though I am not involved with this, I think there is some question over Google's handling of outbound links which is restricting what we can do with Customer Sites, but this is being evaluated. Also the Customer Site of the Week is no longer part of the Gaming Awards.
Thu 18/06/09 at 09:19
"Are you sure?"
I notice the only way to get to Customer Sites now seems to be from freeola.com.

I can't see a link from getdotted which would also seem natural?

Search Freeola Chat
Wed 17/06/09 at 18:34
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Does anybody have any constructive comments about the navigation, presentation and general user-friendliness of Chat, Cheats, Walkthroughs & Tips, now that the "final" changes have been implemented (well nearly)?

Please note that the Technical forum should emerge (i.e. become visible) within the Freeola Support section at some future time, and there is about to be a bigger push towards Win Free Games which might include weekly challenges.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.