GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does anybody have....."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/06/09 at 18:34
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Does anybody have any constructive comments about the navigation, presentation and general user-friendliness of Chat, Cheats, Walkthroughs & Tips, now that the "final" changes have been implemented (well nearly)?

Please note that the Technical forum should emerge (i.e. become visible) within the Freeola Support section at some future time, and there is about to be a bigger push towards Win Free Games which might include weekly challenges.
Thu 25/06/09 at 18:16
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
hippyman wrote:
> I'd like to see a page with all the games users have submitted
> content to.
>
> when you enter the review forum, there is a long list of threads
> covering a wide range of formats and even multiple reviews of the
> same game all mixed up in "last posted" order.

There is a "Filter by Format" drop down menu which is particularly useful if you are looking for SNES reviews *-*
Thu 25/06/09 at 18:11
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
spoonbeast wrote:
> Help me here, whats the difference between the freeola gaming
> home and win free games tab? They seem to display the same info
> but in a different layout. What gets confusing is how the win
> free games tab appears to have a special little sprite suggesting
> something special or immensely important, yet isn't the home
> page. Surely the home page should have the sprite or be renamed
> or something.
>
> Hmm... this is baffling me.

The site is still undergoing some changes in this respect. You might see a few versions of the pages before it settles out.
Thu 25/06/09 at 18:09
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Hmmm... wrote:

> Where you previously said:
> I think there is some question over Google's handling of
> outbound links which is restricting what we can do with Customer
> Sites, but this is being evaluated.

> If there is some concern over upsetting Google you could always
> use the NOFOLLOW attribute when linking to Customer Sites.

> I'm not quite sure what issue you are concerned about - linking
> to Customer Sites as it is only a sub-domain of Freeola!?

We can't use nofollow for all of the sites because one of the main benefits to customers is to quickly introduce new sites into search engine listings. This normally happens within a week or so.

It is my understanding that nofollow is not quite as nofollow as it used to be!

Customer Sites is not on a subdomain at present Customer Sites
Fri 19/06/09 at 08:50
Regular
Hmmm... wrote:
> If there is some concern over upsetting Google you could always
> use the NOFOLLOW attribute when linking to Customer Sites.

http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/pagerank-sculpting/
Fri 19/06/09 at 08:40
"possibly impossible"
For me the site looks so much better now and I love the little sprites on the tabs and the title. I'm sure the top right one is doing the robot or breakdancing. Actually, looking closer it could be the David Brent dance.

What I'd like to see is a bit more of a link between freeola reviews and the actual Game in GAME, making use of your links to their site.
Fri 19/06/09 at 08:15
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I'd like to see a page with all the games users have submitted content to.

when you enter the review forum, there is a long list of threads covering a wide range of formats and even multiple reviews of the same game all mixed up in "last posted" order.

I like the fact when you are on a game thread/walkthrough/tip/review/cheat page it does have links to other submitted content, but to actually get to the game itself it can take a bit of searching!
Thu 18/06/09 at 21:58
Regular
"eat toast!"
Help me here, whats the difference between the freeola gaming home and win free games tab? They seem to display the same info but in a different layout. What gets confusing is how the win free games tab appears to have a special little sprite suggesting something special or immensely important, yet isn't the home page. Surely the home page should have the sprite or be renamed or something.

Hmm... this is baffling me.
Thu 18/06/09 at 18:58
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
spoonbeast wrote:
> Personally i think it was more about human error then technical
> faults
but since i don't know the full process i can't say.

My thoughts exactly, think that's what the testing came with also.

> On other matters, shouldn't the win free games tab be the first
> tab? a sort of gameaday homepage tab?

But then what would we do with the actual Gaming Homepage?
Thu 18/06/09 at 18:55
Regular
"eat toast!"
*sniff*

The hall of fame is just awesome. I feel so proud to be in the picture. Its a nice touch.

Incidently is there something wrong with the cheats page? the submit button wasn't working. I take it was because warhunt was looking into a possible problem that may have occured when uploading cheats.

Personally i think it was more about human error then technical faults but since i don't know the full process i can't say.

On other matters, shouldn't the win free games tab be the first tab? a sort of gameaday homepage tab?
Thu 18/06/09 at 18:04
"Are you sure?"
Tony wrote:
> ...GOOGLE...
> There - clear as mud!

Arhh, I didn't realise it was all down go GOOGLE !!!

WIN FREE GAMES

I thought you were just asking about usability etc.

WIN FREE GAMES

Where you previously said:
I think there is some question over Google's handling of outbound links which is restricting what we can do with Customer Sites, but this is being evaluated.

WIN FREE GAMES

If there is some concern over upsetting Google you could always use the NOFOLLOW attribute when linking to Customer Sites.

WIN FREE GAMES

That way visitors that have arrived via a gaming search may get introduced to your hosting services and you won't upset GOOGLE.

WIN FREE GAMES

I'm not quite sure what issue you are concerned about - linking to Customer Sites as it is only a sub-domain of Freeola!?

WIN FREE GAMES

Sorry if I've missed the point - hope the keywords help :¬P

Search Freeola Chat My Freeola Instant Site

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.