GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"September 11th- strange going on's!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/09/03 at 21:51
Regular
"Jose Antonio-Legend"
We all know what happened on that terrible day in 2001.
However, there are somethings you may or may not know about, some strange things, some you could say are just coincedences, or maybe not.

I'll start with the least freaky, you know how the Americans say everything different to us, we say fizzy drinks, they say soda, trainers-sneakers. You get the idea. In good old England we would say 11th of the 9th 11/9, however in the USA they say 9/11, in other words 911 the American emergency services. Is it just coincedence that it happend on this day or was it a type or clue from Bin Laden.

Now although most of the news focused on the Twin towers, many of us reminded people that a plane also crashed into the pentagon, well actually no, or so the American goverment say. They passed it off as a gas explosion, mere coincedence, after all no-one knows which flight was meant to have crashed there and no remains were ever found.

Now to what i think is the freakiest of the lot. Fact: 70% of the world trade centre offices were occupied by Jews. Fact: on that fateful day 0% of the Jews meant to be working there turned up not even one.
Hm, coincedence or is there something else to this.

If you know of any other mystical goin on's that day, please do tell.
Mon 29/09/03 at 16:32
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Good God Bell, you're as bad as The Sun!

Belldandy wrote:
>depending on size and landing area

Guess you have Sun-itus as well IB...
Mon 29/09/03 at 16:09
"Darkness, always"
Good God Bell, you're as bad as The Sun!
Mon 29/09/03 at 16:09
"Darkness, always"
Thankyou for not listening. The thing was about a mile across, by the time it comes out of the other side of the atmosphere, it will be a fraction of that. Not at all a world killer, or able to bring about nuclear winter or anything. There is actually a threat chart for these things, from 1-10. 1 being total global extinction, and 10 being not a hope in hell of harming a fly. This was rated 9, which equated to "some localised destruction" or something.
Mon 29/09/03 at 16:04
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> The media is a joke. A few days ago, someone reported a sighting of
> an asteroid on a rough course for earth, a kilometre or two across,
> with about a 1 in a million chance of hitting earth. Now, firstly,
> let's take into account the size of the thing, and the fact that any
> damage it inflicted on the earth would be restricted to whatever
> continent it landed on, killing millions, yes, but leaving billions
> to remember them by.

Maybe. On impact the asteroid would send a massive cloud of dust and debris into the atmosphere, depending on size and landing area, this would do anything from changing local weather patterns to world weather patterns, and, potentially, blocking the sun's rays from reaching earth. If the asteroid hit in the sea, it'd cause, as a minimum, a gigantic tidal wave. In the right circumstances, the heat generated would boil the sea, causing a melting of the ice caps, causing flooding on a massive scale. Many nations, and certainly regional areas, rely on fishing industries to exist, and as part of their economy, and these would be gone. So it's not just the country that gets hit that has problems, of course if the wrong kind of country gets hit - i.e. one that already has problems supporting itself, then that could kick off all sorts of related antics.
Mon 29/09/03 at 16:03
"Darkness, always"
Scaremongering press reminds me of these "younger looking skin" adverts.

"This will give you younger looking skin"

*scientific research shows that repeated use of product x can, in some cases, temporarily improve the texture of your skin. Effects are mild and temporary etc etc.

Basically, yes, the product CAN do what they say it does, but it's not likely, and certainly not worth wasting your time over.
Mon 29/09/03 at 15:50
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Insane Bartender wrote:

>
> Yes, the world can be a dangerous place, but I'm more likely to die
> by some bizarre death like something out of Final Destination than I
> am by any of the above.

Absolutely, but fear is a good selling point, so...

I mean, I'm the very essence of a paranoid middle class white boy, but I don't think at even my worst I've gone so far as to signal the end of all civilisation within the next fortnight. Within the next century, yes. But that's a different kettle of wossname.
Mon 29/09/03 at 14:58
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Unbeliever wrote:
> The anthrax was linked to actual US citizens sending it out, wasn't
> it?

I think the theory behind this one was that it was sent by a researcher wanting increased funding into anthrax... I'm sure it probably worked too.
Mon 29/09/03 at 14:52
"Darkness, always"
I thought the whole "SOMEONE COULD PUT ANTHRAX THROUGH YOUR LETTERBOX!!" stuff quite amusing. I mean, I could think of far worse things which are far easier to obtain than anthrax. High impact explosives for a start.

At the end of the day, I haven't died of anthrax, a suicide bomber hasn't jumped into the restaurant while I'm eating, screamed "Islamah Jihad!" and blown everyone away, and Iraq aren't periodically pounding the western world with thermo-nuclear weaponry every 45 minutes.

The media is a joke. A few days ago, someone reported a sighting of an asteroid on a rough course for earth, a kilometre or two across, with about a 1 in a million chance of hitting earth. Now, firstly, let's take into account the size of the thing, and the fact that any damage it inflicted on the earth would be restricted to whatever continent it landed on, killing millions, yes, but leaving billions to remember them by.

So, upon reading headlines like "DOOMSDAY ROCK FOUND!" and "THE END IS NIGH!" is quite hilarious really.

Yes, the world can be a dangerous place, but I'm more likely to die by some bizarre death like something out of Final Destination than I am by any of the above.
Mon 29/09/03 at 14:28
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Unbeliever wrote:
> The anthrax was linked to actual US citizens sending it out, wasn't
> it?

Yeah, that was certainly one of the theories. In truth, as anthrax is easily curable by antibiotics, I didn't pay that much attention; the overwhelming majority of the media coverage was scaremongering, pure and simple.

There was a case put forward that Saddam Hussein was responsible as Iraq was known to have samples of anthrax. However, as the US actually sold that to him in the first place, they were quickly able to establish that Saddam was not to blame.
Mon 29/09/03 at 14:25
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
The anthrax was linked to actual US citizens sending it out, wasn't it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.