GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Favourite Film Soundtrack?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/09/03 at 00:45
Regular
I mean the music made specially for the film, not songs on general release in the charts or otherwise by pop/rock/whatever artists.

Some to consider :

Predator 1 + 2 - Alan Silvestri I think did this, extremely atmospheric and fits perfectly with the action.

Terminator 2 - Superb soundtrack, adds to the whole atmosphere and sounds great cranked up to the max

Lock Stock - A lot of the music on this film is by famous artists, but the bits that aren't included on the soundtrack CD are very good

Escape from new York - Old skool film. John Carpenter films always have superb music, very much in the style that was common at the time (early 80s) Also, 'the thing' had some incredibly eerie music.

Aliens - nuff said, great stuff
Mon 22/09/03 at 17:01
Regular
"Light of the world"
Resevoir Dogs soundtrack..

Makes me feel like a gangster
Mon 22/09/03 at 16:54
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
I always find listening to film music on it's own slightly strange, as it's out of context, but for mood music Ry Cooder's Paris, Texas is amazing (he's done loads of soundtracks, but this is his best). I also like David Holmes' two Soderberg soundtracks - Out Of Sight and Ocean's Eleven 'cos they groove like hell and Aimee Mann's songs for the Magnolia soundtrack are also great - they complement the film perfectly, as does the score.

Regarding some of the other stuff mentioned so far in this thread: Alan Silvestri did both the Predator and Back To The Future scores, Emiliana Torrini has an album worth getting called Love In The Time Of Science and to spookily link this with another post the album was co-written and produced by Roland Orzabal who was in Tears For Fears who appear (and are covered) on the Donnie Darko soundtrack!
Sun 21/09/03 at 12:39
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
The (new) Italian Job has a great soundtrack to it.
Sun 21/09/03 at 12:35
Regular
The Untouchables had a superb soundtrack.
Sun 21/09/03 at 00:29
Regular
"8==="
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Back To The Future.

This is my second favourite. Great for playing flying games too. :)
Sat 20/09/03 at 20:36
Regular
"cheese is god"
best ever sound track has 2 be eye of da tiger. cause it was rocky3 which made it a great song
Sat 20/09/03 at 20:04
Regular
"thegodfather"
Ridley Scott's " Bladerunner " score really catches the atmosphere of the film spot on.
Sat 20/09/03 at 18:36
Regular
"Whatever!"
All the Star Wars films

Halloween

The Exorcist

The origianl Planet of the Apes
Sat 20/09/03 at 16:27
Regular
"cachoo"
Iris is a great song. Black balloon is also a good song. Not sure if that's from City of Angels too though.
Sat 20/09/03 at 16:26
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
Bazzman™ wrote:
> Goo Goo Dolls - Iris or Human Traffic - Music is the drug

Iris is from City of Angels with Nicholas Cage and Meg Ryan

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.