GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is your Uni course?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/09/03 at 17:11
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Might be starting this year like me or done it before or still at it etc

Get my interview tomorrow... in Faculty of Social Sciences at Glasgow and I'm going to do Politics, Sociology and History.

Woohoo

Social worker for me then in four years
Fri 19/09/03 at 12:08
Regular
BSc Biology Hons, 3 year course at York.
Fri 19/09/03 at 12:16
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Biology degree....eurgh.

Philosophy for me next year.
Fri 19/09/03 at 12:21
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Blank wrote:
>
> Philosophy for me next year.

Oh my gosh... hours of abstract talk... for what purpose?? <-Thats a genuine question by the way.

What IS the point of pointless conversation that everyone enterprates diffrently??
Fri 19/09/03 at 12:26
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Because I enjoy it. Because it makes you think about things differently. Because it broadens your horizons.

And it's the only degree I can think of that sounds remotely interesting.
Fri 19/09/03 at 12:29
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Well I guess if you find it beneficial then its all good, but personally I see it as a waste of time, Id rather broaden my horizons through less abstract subjects, classical works of poetry/literature for example
Fri 19/09/03 at 12:32
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
And how would you know that it is abstract?
Fri 19/09/03 at 13:01
Regular
"everyone says it"
Philosophy is a load of bs. Just got an A level in it.

Not boring, just pathetic.
Fri 19/09/03 at 13:20
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Blank wrote:
> And how would you know that it is abstract?

Because one of my friends (highly intelligent) used to read deep philosophical works and explain them to me - it was simply pointless, I found to spend time answering questions with more questions and basically have a meaning less conversation.

Simple questions that could be answered clearly in scientific terms turned into long drawn out semi-boring contemplations
Fri 19/09/03 at 13:23
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
It's not meaningless at all. You seem to think that it's some kind of anti-science. It's nothing like that. I'm very cynical and will only believe in something once there is scientific proof, but I still enjoy philosophy and find it interesting.
Fri 19/09/03 at 14:08
Yeah I agree, it helps pass the time. AI in Manchester, by the way.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.