GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Little Britain, last night, BBC3, 9pm."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/09/03 at 11:15
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I was actually looking forward to this programme. Matt Lucas and David Walliams can be hilarious when they need to be (Rock Profiles, Shooting Stars, Spaced, etc...), but their new show, Little Britain, was more or less a montage of the more average sketches by the League of Gentlemen, Steve Coogan and other BBC2 "alt. comedies". They even nicked bits from Adam and Joe (I suppose it's alright now that they're signed to the Beeb). The "Fat Fighters" club character WAS Pauline from LofG. And the sketch about black and white minstrels was lifted straight from Operation Good Guys. No wonder it's on BBC3.
Wed 17/09/03 at 11:15
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I was actually looking forward to this programme. Matt Lucas and David Walliams can be hilarious when they need to be (Rock Profiles, Shooting Stars, Spaced, etc...), but their new show, Little Britain, was more or less a montage of the more average sketches by the League of Gentlemen, Steve Coogan and other BBC2 "alt. comedies". They even nicked bits from Adam and Joe (I suppose it's alright now that they're signed to the Beeb). The "Fat Fighters" club character WAS Pauline from LofG. And the sketch about black and white minstrels was lifted straight from Operation Good Guys. No wonder it's on BBC3.
Wed 17/09/03 at 11:54
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
That's what I thought when I saw it first time round.
Wed 17/09/03 at 11:58
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Oh, it's a repeat? What channel was it on before?
Wed 17/09/03 at 12:03
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Apart from Alan Partridge, I don't watch new comedy shows anymore, because bascially they're not funny.
I’ve seen quite a few adverts for various new “comedy” shows on the BBC, and they look utter crap. I’ve also had the unfortunate experience of having to sit through a few minutes of shows like Two Pints of Lager, League of Gentlemen, etc, and don't get me started on the bloody Kumars. Am I expected to laugh at them?

I just stick to watching the classic repeats of Fawlty Towers and Only Fools and Horses. Guaranteed laughter without the modern smarminess.
Wed 17/09/03 at 12:08
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Fawlty Towers and Fools and Horses have been repeated to death. The first series of Partridge was quite good, but the second one was barely passable. Big Train started off good, but that went t*ts-up in the second series too. Leauge of Gentlemen was OK, but I can't watch it again and again. The only recent comedy that's maintained it's originality and feel is Spaced, which gets better everytime I watch it.
Wed 17/09/03 at 12:55
Regular
the kumars is crap, why is it still on? they were reasonably funny in goodness gracious me, but the kumars is crap I tell ya

fave brit comedies for me :

men behaving badly
game on
alan partridge
red dwarf
big train
league of gentlemen
naked video (old but good)
bottom (completely brainless I know)
blackadder
the fast show

and the old skool ones

only fools and horses
some mothers do ave em
fawlty towers
monty python
Wed 17/09/03 at 13:47
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
monkey_man wrote:
> Oh, it's a repeat? What channel was it on before?

Pretty much a repeat of the pilot.
Wed 17/09/03 at 14:03
"Darth Vader 3442321"
monkey_man wrote:

The only recent comedy that's maintained
> it's originality and feel is Spaced, which gets better everytime I
> watch it.

It's hilarious and every episode is crafted with love.
Wed 17/09/03 at 14:07
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
It was on BBC3 the first time as well. My previous post sounded a bit scathing, it wasn't intended.
Wed 17/09/03 at 16:55
Regular
Two pints of lager and a packet of crisps.
The office
Alan Partridge.

The best comedys on BBC.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.