GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dodgy email from "eBay""

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/09/03 at 10:24
Regular
"Twenty quid."
This arrived in my inbox this morning ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear eBay User,

During our regular udpate and verification of the accounts, we couldn't verify your current information. Either your information has changed or it is incomplete.

As a result, your access to bid or buy on Ebay has been restricted. To start using your eBay account fully, please update and verify your information by clicking below :

https://scgi.ebay.com/saw-cgi/ eBayISAPI.dll?VerifyInformation

Regards,

eBay

**Please Do Not Reply To This E-Mail As You Will Not Receive A Responce**

in 1937 YWp in 1889 in 1987 I must be off in 1972 gTrvWLt cFUAWtaeZyP xR

I am a We'd like to see Let me... 090 We'd like to see 2 Why not? 280 in 1834 try to understand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I read it and thought "Fair enough" so I clicked on the link to be met with an official-ish looking page asking me for various details like eBay username, password, full name etc. Then I came to 'Social Security Number' (which is the American equivalent of our National Insurance number) and I started to get suspicious. My suspicions were confirmed when, not only did it ask for my credit card number and expiration date, but my ATM PIN (i.e. my cash card PIN).

Obviously I realised that it was a scam and closed the window.

Anyone else had one of these?
Wed 17/09/03 at 16:15
Regular
"Mi/\\/dfrig Naked"
wrong, just wrong!
Wed 17/09/03 at 11:08
Regular
It seems liek they've just nicked eBay's address and added s' where they needed to.
Wed 17/09/03 at 10:52
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
There's warnings about it in the top right corner of 'My eBay' pages.
Wed 17/09/03 at 10:50
Regular
"Not a Jew"
They are idiots indeed. They spelt "response" wrong.
Wed 17/09/03 at 10:30
Regular
I saw a piece about this on the news the other day. They are trying to clamp down on the idiots who do these scams but the numbers of them seem to keep rising.
Wed 17/09/03 at 10:25
Regular
"Twenty quid."
By the way, the last two lines of the email were white text on a white background and so weren't visible until I highlighted it to copy and paste it here.
Wed 17/09/03 at 10:24
Regular
"Twenty quid."
This arrived in my inbox this morning ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear eBay User,

During our regular udpate and verification of the accounts, we couldn't verify your current information. Either your information has changed or it is incomplete.

As a result, your access to bid or buy on Ebay has been restricted. To start using your eBay account fully, please update and verify your information by clicking below :

https://scgi.ebay.com/saw-cgi/ eBayISAPI.dll?VerifyInformation

Regards,

eBay

**Please Do Not Reply To This E-Mail As You Will Not Receive A Responce**

in 1937 YWp in 1889 in 1987 I must be off in 1972 gTrvWLt cFUAWtaeZyP xR

I am a We'd like to see Let me... 090 We'd like to see 2 Why not? 280 in 1834 try to understand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I read it and thought "Fair enough" so I clicked on the link to be met with an official-ish looking page asking me for various details like eBay username, password, full name etc. Then I came to 'Social Security Number' (which is the American equivalent of our National Insurance number) and I started to get suspicious. My suspicions were confirmed when, not only did it ask for my credit card number and expiration date, but my ATM PIN (i.e. my cash card PIN).

Obviously I realised that it was a scam and closed the window.

Anyone else had one of these?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.