GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm Tony Blair..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/09/03 at 19:31
Regular
... "Hi, I'm Tony Blair! You may remember me from my acting debut in 1997 when I addressed the nation following Princess Diana's death, or perhaps from my wife's business dealings with a known conman. Tragically, as Prime Minister, I seemed to have forgotten that I'm supposed to be SERVING THE PEOPLE of this country that I love. After all, they are a democracy who could quite easily oust me from this seat of power & kick my stinking party back into opposition, where we should have stayed. So why do people think I only serve my party, and not the people of the UK? Well, it's because the New Labour version of democracy has a slightly different edge than what most people know it to be. Our party's version tilts into the direction of despotic rule..such as, denying the people the right to a Referendum, totally IGNORING the country's wish to keep the Pound & shun the bloody Euro..and of course, lying through our teeth in asserting that New Labour themselves do not like the idea of a United States of Europe. Who would've believed that Labour could win a second term in office? It has given us the opportunity to further drag the UK into possibly irreversable straits. St George? Who the hell is he??"
Fri 19/09/03 at 21:16
Regular
The Lib Dem win in the Brent East poll today gives me hope that the Lib-Dems can become the cmain opposition. Labour in Government with Lib-Dem in opposition would be a very good thing as far as I'm concerned.
Fri 19/09/03 at 21:13
Regular
Mindfrig wrote:
> Did I say the tories did a good job? Nope.
>
> Lib dem's should be in power, they have a yellow logo and stuff so
> they MUST be good! Hehe.
>
> Seriously though, Tories are probably worse than Labour. *shudders*

Good - that's what I want to hear.
Fri 19/09/03 at 17:45
Regular
And on the lib dems thing, yay Brent East :^D

Hopefully a sign of things to come, rather than another short-term poaching.
Fri 19/09/03 at 17:42
Regular
Skarra wrote:
> Have you personally met and talked to all of the immigrants??? Some,
> nay, the majority are seeking a safe place to live. Sure, some come
> here to abuse the benifits system, and i think thats wrong. But some
> are here so as not to be ethnically clensed!
>
> Unemployed Single Parents. Not all of them are drugged up teenagers.
>
> And the student situation is a mess, but i don't think Tony Blair has
> a say on everything and anything. He may be able to do somethin', but
> it was down to his minister, not him.
>
> Your just a norrow minded fool. I'll bet your a homophobic, sexist,
> racist person!

*Clears throat*

Hi.
He didn't say all immigrants are theiving devil-spawn and he didn't say all single mothers are easy adolescents. You did.

He did point out that the government give far more benefits to immigrants and single mothers than to other groups, in particular here, students.

Not pointing fault in the people who accept what is available to them, but to those responsible for the sorry mess.
Fri 19/09/03 at 17:16
Regular
Did I say the tories did a good job? Nope.

Lib dem's should be in power, they have a yellow logo and stuff so they MUST be good! Hehe.

Seriously though, Tories are probably worse than Labour. *shudders*
Fri 19/09/03 at 14:46
Regular
Mindfrig wrote:
> After all, they are a democracy who could quite easily oust me
> from this seat of power & kick my stinking party back into
> opposition, where we should have stayed.

Heh, you actually think the Tories did a good job? Fool.
Wed 17/09/03 at 16:15
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
What makes me laugh about the whole Euro situation is the sheer hypocrisy of it all. What have we just gone to war with Iraq for? Well apart from the WMD's debacle we went to oust a dictator from power.
Now what is Blair doing? Refusing to give the people a vote on whether to keep the pound or not and also signing us up to a EU constitution without asking us as well. That to me sounds like a dictatorship although nowhere near in the same sense of Saddam Hussein. Of course the only reason we aren't getting to vote on these is because Blair knows they'll just get shot down straight away. Smart but very untrustworthy man.
Wed 17/09/03 at 16:09
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> "hi, unemployed immigrants? - have a free house and
> benefits"
> "unemployed single parent? - have a free house and
> benefits"
> "full time student/part time employed? - £1050 per year of
> your course please, no benefits"
>
> what's wrong with this picture?

You narrow minded fool.

Have you personally met and talked to all of the immigrants??? Some, nay, the majority are seeking a safe place to live. Sure, some come here to abuse the benifits system, and i think thats wrong. But some are here so as not to be ethnically clensed!

Unemployed Single Parents. Not all of them are drugged up teenagers.

And the student situation is a mess, but i don't think Tony Blair has a say on everything and anything. He may be able to do somethin', but it was down to his minister, not him.

Your just a norrow minded fool. I'll bet your a homophobic, sexist, racist person!
Wed 17/09/03 at 14:55
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:

> what's wrong with this picture?

Umm...the fact that it sounds like a Daily Mail editorial?!

Don't get me wrong; it's bad that students have to pay as much as they do. But demonising immigrants and implying that all immigrants are a drain on society when the exact opposite is true...well, it's a bit too Tory to be true.
Wed 17/09/03 at 13:28
Regular
"hi, unemployed immigrants? - have a free house and benefits"
"unemployed single parent? - have a free house and benefits"
"full time student/part time employed? - £1050 per year of your course please, no benefits"

what's wrong with this picture?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.