GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ebay Rip-off"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/09/03 at 01:08
At the beginning on the summer holidays i bought an MP3 player from Ebay.
It cost me £70-75 including postage.
It was pretty cool, no bigger then a lighter and weighed about the same, 128MB and had a battery life of 12 hours on 1 AAA battery.
It was working fine untill the first day of school, when it stopped working. I tried 3 different batteries, left the battery out all night then inserted it the next morning and it still did not work.
So my dad emailed the company we bought it off, they replied within 10 minuets and said send it back and we will have a look at it and do some tests.
So my dad sent one back saying ok, but if you dont repair it within a week we would like our money back, they said ok.
Then when my dad when to send them an email today asking them something (cant quite remember what) We got a message back saying that the email address we specified does not exist. SO we went on the website and that has now gone, and the phone number is not there any more :(
SO my dad has sent a letter to the address the guy gave us saying that, why does his email not work, were has your site gone, and he is not going to send the MP3 player back to an unknown guy with no contact details. How do we know that you arnt just gunna recieve the MP3 player, repair it and then sell it on?
Then he said that if you do not reply to this letter we will be taking you to the small claims court.
There was loads more, but i cant be bothered to write it.

I hope the guy does reply and he gives my money back, i really dont want to be scammed out of £75.

Any one else had a problem like this on Ebay? is there a link were we can tell ebay and they can give us more information on him incase my dad does need to take this to the small claims court?
Sun 14/09/03 at 01:08
At the beginning on the summer holidays i bought an MP3 player from Ebay.
It cost me £70-75 including postage.
It was pretty cool, no bigger then a lighter and weighed about the same, 128MB and had a battery life of 12 hours on 1 AAA battery.
It was working fine untill the first day of school, when it stopped working. I tried 3 different batteries, left the battery out all night then inserted it the next morning and it still did not work.
So my dad emailed the company we bought it off, they replied within 10 minuets and said send it back and we will have a look at it and do some tests.
So my dad sent one back saying ok, but if you dont repair it within a week we would like our money back, they said ok.
Then when my dad when to send them an email today asking them something (cant quite remember what) We got a message back saying that the email address we specified does not exist. SO we went on the website and that has now gone, and the phone number is not there any more :(
SO my dad has sent a letter to the address the guy gave us saying that, why does his email not work, were has your site gone, and he is not going to send the MP3 player back to an unknown guy with no contact details. How do we know that you arnt just gunna recieve the MP3 player, repair it and then sell it on?
Then he said that if you do not reply to this letter we will be taking you to the small claims court.
There was loads more, but i cant be bothered to write it.

I hope the guy does reply and he gives my money back, i really dont want to be scammed out of £75.

Any one else had a problem like this on Ebay? is there a link were we can tell ebay and they can give us more information on him incase my dad does need to take this to the small claims court?
Sun 14/09/03 at 13:25
Regular
YOu probably broke it.

After all, it worked for about 6 weeks.
Sun 14/09/03 at 13:27
Regular
I'm glad I hate eBay.
It means this never happens.
Sun 14/09/03 at 13:28
I barely used it, it only went out the house a few times, i was the only one who used it so i know were it has been and if it has been damaged.
And i never dropped it or anything, one minuet it was fine, then the next, nothing, it just stopped.

:(
Sun 14/09/03 at 13:46
Regular
We told you, you should wear that bib of yours. Drool and MP3 players do not mix.
Sun 14/09/03 at 14:56
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I got a 192mb MP3 player, that goes for 25 hours on one AAA battery for £70 from a reputable shop.

Just to rub salt in the wound.
Sun 14/09/03 at 15:08
Regular
"She's a dog!"
That was evil Memo, evil, pure evil!
Sun 14/09/03 at 15:25
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
lol memo ur a funee gye i lik u for tat!!!!1111
Sun 14/09/03 at 15:26
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
i fink da same bout u two azull :):)
Sun 14/09/03 at 17:01
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
The moral of the story ? Never buy electrical items off eBay no matter who the seller is.

Use http://cgi3.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MemberSearchShow to see if the seller listed their contact info on eBay, if the information like phone number is false then you can report the seller to eBay and they'll be kicked off.

Wasting your time with the small claims court - the seller has offered to repair it and you didn't send it to them, hence you'll lose and have to pay court costs. Plus if there is no way to contact the seller and if his eBay information is false you cannot find the seller anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.