GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ebay Rip-off"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/09/03 at 01:08
At the beginning on the summer holidays i bought an MP3 player from Ebay.
It cost me £70-75 including postage.
It was pretty cool, no bigger then a lighter and weighed about the same, 128MB and had a battery life of 12 hours on 1 AAA battery.
It was working fine untill the first day of school, when it stopped working. I tried 3 different batteries, left the battery out all night then inserted it the next morning and it still did not work.
So my dad emailed the company we bought it off, they replied within 10 minuets and said send it back and we will have a look at it and do some tests.
So my dad sent one back saying ok, but if you dont repair it within a week we would like our money back, they said ok.
Then when my dad when to send them an email today asking them something (cant quite remember what) We got a message back saying that the email address we specified does not exist. SO we went on the website and that has now gone, and the phone number is not there any more :(
SO my dad has sent a letter to the address the guy gave us saying that, why does his email not work, were has your site gone, and he is not going to send the MP3 player back to an unknown guy with no contact details. How do we know that you arnt just gunna recieve the MP3 player, repair it and then sell it on?
Then he said that if you do not reply to this letter we will be taking you to the small claims court.
There was loads more, but i cant be bothered to write it.

I hope the guy does reply and he gives my money back, i really dont want to be scammed out of £75.

Any one else had a problem like this on Ebay? is there a link were we can tell ebay and they can give us more information on him incase my dad does need to take this to the small claims court?
Sun 14/09/03 at 22:56
Oi you, wrecking my post!!

:D
Sun 14/09/03 at 22:52
Regular
"Mi/\\/dfrig Naked"
whops..gets my posts up tho!
Regular
"Mi/\\/dfrig Naked"
sue their @ss's
Regular
"Mi/\\/dfrig Naked"
sue their @ss's
Sun 14/09/03 at 22:50
Regular
"WWJD"
looks like they scammed you, but the scam didnt quite go how they wanted, i think they wanted your money and the MP3 player back and then they could do it again to someone else
Sun 14/09/03 at 22:42
"slightlyshortertagl"
Messy wrote:
> I can't remember their name,

Band and Olufsen
Sun 14/09/03 at 22:21
LMAO sure am Memo.
Sun 14/09/03 at 22:13
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
You're just jealous.
Sun 14/09/03 at 22:11
Memorandum! wrote:
> EL ® ö B ì Ñ wrote:
> yoo iss too foonyee memo stoop it

I was proving a point, i was just saying do i talk like that.

heh funny people.
Sun 14/09/03 at 22:11
Regular
"sdomehtongng"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.