GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Man Bites Dog Sci-Fi channel 23:50"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/09/03 at 21:28
Regular
"8==="
Supposed to be really good. It's about a camera team following a serial killer round as he murders people.

Supposed to be very stange.

I know Nige and Stef from VIDS thought it was great so I'm going to watch this one.
Mon 15/09/03 at 16:29
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
If you liked Swingers you may also like Made, which has the same two lead actors - Jon Favreau and Vince Vaughn. Vince Vaughn is very funny in this - he gets to play an obnoxious idiot and he does it really well!
Mon 15/09/03 at 16:06
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I've seen all of those and they were pretty good. Might keep an eye out for this director bloke then.

I've got another idea for a film about a man who works for a special effects studio. The studio is going out of business because of new-fangled computer effects, so they have to do something drastic to keep up with the competition. It starts off with an "Inside the Actor's Studio" style chat show, showcasing his career and using clips from his films, flashbacks to explain things, but as the film progresses he gives away more and more of his special effects secrets, eventually confessing that he killed people for body parts! <<<< that's actually the big spoiler, and the way I imagine the film I'd never be able to make, but it's still an interesting idea. Had a title and everything - "Snuff". Brian Denehey in the lead roll...
Mon 15/09/03 at 16:03
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
Ah, Vidz - what a great programme that was! A totally mad Welshman and an impossibly tall Scotsman giving genuinely honest reviews...

Last I saw of Nigel Buckland he was presenting some utter rubbish robot wars-alike on BBC3. Dunno what happened to Stef though.
Mon 15/09/03 at 15:59
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
Man Bites Dog is good. Yes, it black and white, but it's still good! It's not German, it's Belgian (see, they can do interesting things occasionally!) and is one of those films that mixes the shocking with the mundane for effect. I loved how the film-crew got more and more involved with the killings themselves as time went on!

Go is also good - with Swingers, Go and The Bourne Identity Doug Liman seems to have made a fairly promising start to his career....
Sun 14/09/03 at 14:23
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Ms NY wrote:
> Um.. Yes.
>
> Your three dots... tell me you're trying to mean something. What're
> you trying to say?!

Just a really lame gag about something or other...should have had a question mark really. I need a sandwich.
Sun 14/09/03 at 14:21
Regular
"cachoo"
Um.. Yes.

Your three dots... tell me you're trying to mean something. What're you trying to say?!
Sun 14/09/03 at 14:20
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
You were flicking during the break...
Sun 14/09/03 at 13:55
Regular
"cachoo"
monkey_man wrote:
> I flicked through, but all I saw was some black and white footage of a
> naked man running down a beach, with German commentary.

That's the exact part I flicked to during a break of something else.
And they were the exact same thoughts I had.

It sucked for 10 seconds.
Sun 14/09/03 at 13:31
Regular
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> you'd be better off with GO - C4 0:25 !

I'll pretend you never wrote that.

Man Bites Dog is an excellent film. Watched it a while back on channel 4, not knowing what it was about and was very impressed.

What was it doing on the Sci-fi channel though?
Sun 14/09/03 at 11:17
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I flicked through, but all I saw was some black and white footage of a naked man running down a beach, with German commentary. It's not all like that though, is it? I think I've seen it before. Is it the one where they go to the construction site and murder that bloke before commenting on his d1ck size?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.