GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So, San Andreas then...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Thu 09/06/05 at 10:35
Regular
... anyone had it delivered early?

Anyone definitely going to get it?

Is it worth getting?

So many questions....
Thu 09/06/05 at 11:17
Regular
I was toying with the idea of the XBOX version in the hope that the HDTV support would sharpen things up and that the frame rate would be a hell of a lot smoother. The HDTV just makes the pictures look awful due to all the jaggies and the frame rate isn't that much better.

Mine is arriving today from Gameplay on the PC so if you hang on I will let you know tonight, by all accounts in all its glory it looks a different game on the PC. Plus depending on your Hardware you can practically elimate draw distance, rather like in WOW.
Thu 09/06/05 at 11:07
Regular
PC version for me then. Would have been nice to complete the trilogy on Xbox though. Might grab it on the cheap in the future.
Thu 09/06/05 at 10:49
Regular
Apparently not. The Xbox version still has major pop up issues/crap frame rate/minor visual improvements but nothing like was done on the double pack by all accounts.

The PC version on the other hand :D
Thu 09/06/05 at 10:49
Regular
Here's the IGN review [URL]http://xbox.ign.com/articles/622/622290p1.html[/URL] which says that the are still graphicl issues. Just not as many as on PS2....
Thu 09/06/05 at 10:41
Regular
I think all that and more has been fixed for Xbox and PC.

It was only because the PS2 is useless.

Pop-in, anal framerate, blurred textures. All gone.
Thu 09/06/05 at 10:37
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
If they've sorted the pop-in problems of the PS2 version, I might consider it again. Flying the harriers was fun, but having a building appear out of nowhere with no chance of turning wasn't.
Thu 09/06/05 at 10:36
Regular
I'm taking my PS2 in with all the games and Forza, tomorrow. I'll pick up San Andreas for definite, just don't know whether to go PC or Xbox though.
Thu 09/06/05 at 10:35
Regular
... anyone had it delivered early?

Anyone definitely going to get it?

Is it worth getting?

So many questions....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.