GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So, San Andreas then...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Thu 09/06/05 at 10:35
Regular
... anyone had it delivered early?

Anyone definitely going to get it?

Is it worth getting?

So many questions....
Fri 10/06/05 at 09:46
Regular
Yeah it will be.

It wasn't so much the drop in frame rate it was the fact that on the PS2 version the game practically grinded to a stop where you could literally count the number of frames making it almost completely unplayable. The textures were horrible, loads of jaggies, draw distance was f**ked and the pop up was a joke.

The PC version looks unbelievably better, top settings there is hardly any draw distance, textures and clean and crisp, jaggies are smoothed out massively and it actually looks quite reasonable. Really looking forward to it this weekend as I gave up on the PS2 version due to the frame rate.

Quite surprised IGN and the like went to town with reviews for it when Driver 3 (which was far more stable) got slated for how bad it looked and for the odd frame drop here and there.
Fri 10/06/05 at 08:43
Regular
Is that the Xbox version Tilta?
Thu 09/06/05 at 20:12
Regular
Draw distance is fine from what I've played, not had any issues with pop in at all, I've never been someone who really notices slowdown in framerates so I can't really talk about that. The only time that the game looks a bit ugly is when you drive certain cars, but you get used to it and it's not a problem as the game is a hell of a lot of fun.

It's not the best looking game in the world, but then the GTA series never have been. It's a ton of fun and that's what really matters.
Thu 09/06/05 at 14:57
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
> From the IGN review that I've read, the swimming feature was in the
> PS2 version and there is no new content in the Xbox version.
>
> All they have done is to tweak the graphics, very slightly, and added
> the ability to use a custom sound track.
>
> Everything else is the same.

I think was on about improvements/additions over VC when talking about the swimming
Thu 09/06/05 at 14:02
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, wasn't in a hurry to get this, but I might have to find a way now.... ;-)
Thu 09/06/05 at 13:49
Regular
From the IGN review that I've read, the swimming feature was in the PS2 version and there is no new content in the Xbox version.

All they have done is to tweak the graphics, very slightly, and added the ability to use a custom sound track.

Everything else is the same.
Thu 09/06/05 at 13:38
Regular
All the fogging and pop-ups from the PS2 version have gone and I preordered mine a few weeks back.

It's definitely worth getting as they've added a host of new features such as character development and also the long awaited ability to swim

Come on tomorrow evening !
Thu 09/06/05 at 11:30
"possibly impossible"
Getting it from here.

Should be good...

...I hope...
Thu 09/06/05 at 11:26
Regular
Well yeah I would imagine that is the reason for most people not.

It does have full game pad support though for the whiny crab combs.
Thu 09/06/05 at 11:20
Regular
Thing is, there's no way my PC will run it.

So, it's Xbox version or nothing...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.